Mission Possible Canada is looking for an individual or couple to replace the current leadership as they are stepping down after 27 years.
Mission Possible is an interdenominational Christian ministry working in Haiti and the Dominican Republic with a strong base of supporters in the United States and Canada. We own and operate Christian schools and churches and also do humanitarian work when required. Check our website www.OurMissionIsPossible.org.
The successful candidate should have the following qualities and abilities:
- Be a follower of Jesus with a heart for missions and a love for the people of Haiti and the DR.
- Have excellent integrity with high moral character and ethical standards.
- Be willing to travel to Haiti and the Dominican Republic at least once every 2 or 3 years as country conditions permit.
- Be able to reaise funds for the ministry through networking with individuals, churches and other organizations.
- Self-supporting or able to raise his, her or their support.
- As Managing Director perside over Mission Possible Canada board meetings.
- Good communication skills. Needs to be able to liaison with sponsors, donors and MP USA staff.
- A good working knowledge of how a Christian charity organization operates in Canada and an understanding of basic accounting practices.
- Be able to work with the ministry's independent auditor and the Canadian Centre for Christian Charities to ensure good finanical accountability.
- Establish and monitor a budget for the operations of Mission Possible Canada.
- Liaison with the different government departments that oversee charitable organizations eg. Corporations Canada and the CRA.
- Working knowledge of modern media eg. internet, social media and other forms of communication.
- Be able to collaborate with fellow members of Mission Possible in Canada, the USA, Haiti and the DR.
Other related office responsiblities:
- Donor/sponsor appreciation correspondence via phone, email and regular mail.
- Collect the mail, make bank deposits and prepare and mail tax receipts.
- Liasion with the organization's bank.
- Maintain the organizations records and ensure good records rettentions.