ADVERTISEMENT – JOB POSTING
POSITION TITLE: ASSOCIATE PASTOR
INTRODUCTION OF THE TORONTO EVANGELISTIC ASSOCIATION (A.K.A. EVANGEL TEMPLE)
“EVANGEL TEMPLE IS A CARING COMMUNITY OF COMMITTED BELIEVERS WHO ARE MAKING DISCIPLES OF JESUS CHRIST FROM ALL PEOPLE GROUPS (NATIONS) IN THE TEMPLE AND FROM HOUSE TO HOUSE.”
“CARRYING OUT CHRIST’S GREAT COMMISSION IS THE REASON FOR OUR EXISTENCE. EVERYTHING WE DO MUST WORK TOWARD FULFILLING THE VISION. WE WILL ONLY DO THOSE THINGS HE SPECIFICALLY DIRECTS US BY HIS WORD AND ALSO BY HIS SPIRIT THROUGH PRAYER. THE VISION WILL BE ACCOMPLISHED BY THE POWER OF THE HOLY SPIRIT, NOT THE ARM OF FLESH”.
About Evangel Temple Evangel Temple was founded in 1927 and had its first building downtown on Bond Street. The current location was built at 4190 Yonge Street in 1985. The church was first formed around the excitement of what God was doing in the Pentecostal movement in the early 20th century. Many of its original trademarks are still evident today, like an enthusiasm to share the message of Christ, an eagerness for prayer, a passion for the worship of Christ and excellent Bible-based teaching. With a rich, charismatic history, Evangel Temple continues to show dedication to the work of the Holy Spirit through people dedicating their lives to follow Christ, healing and broken lives being restored. Evangel Temple has taken this legacy and continues to build on it for future generations to take the baton, do more incredible things for God, and reach out to this city and beyond its borders. [Please visit the website www.evangeltemple.ca for more church information.]
This role of the Associate Pastor is vital to reporting to the Lead Pastor to provide leadership to the ministries of Evangel Temple to deepen their impact and foster continuous improvement.
Duties and Responsibilities
• The role of the Associate Pastor is to work in harmony with the Lead Pastor in the overall ministry vision casting and leadership of the Evangel Temple’s church’s teaching.
• This role also works to develop goals and objectives for the ministry area of oversight to align with the strategic plan and ensure operational plans align with the church strategies.
• This role is also responsible for working with Ministry Leads to execute operational plans and projects effectively and on time, and ministry leads develop procedures and practices as required.
• Lead mid-week prayer services and occasional Sunday services.
• Assisting with service planning and design, including coordination with outside speakers.
• Working across charitable organizations, churches, and ministries to build relationships and foster inter-church planning, especially fellowships and missions.
• Involvement in the Community outreach.
• Loving, visiting, and counselling church members and congregants.
• Provide leadership or Biblical teaching in adult education.
• Maintain and grow professional knowledge by attending educational workshops or seminars, reviewing professional publications, and establishing personal networks or memberships.
• The Lead Pastor directs other designated ministry responsibilities and special assignments.
• Minimum four years of ministry experience as an Associate Pastor.
• Avid technical know-how to facilitate avenues of the church’s social media.
• Computer literate to utilize Microsoft Office tools such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Seminary/Graduate Degree is valuable, preferably from a Christian college or university.
• Is fully ordained or willing to pursue full ordination.
• Proven ability to lead a team.
• Proven ability to develop curriculum and lead /teach classes.
? Experience in community leadership and involvement in initiatives.
? Experience in project management. Has the ability to execute plans independently or in leading a team.
• A background in social work is not required but valued.
Spiritual Qualifications, Personal Characteristics and Qualities:
• Accepts the Bible as the true Word of God, with a passion and desire to proclaim the Word of God with conviction and confidence to develop congregation members within a multi-generational congregation setting spiritually.
• Called to church ministry, loves people, and has a passion for local and global evangelism, outreach, and missions.
• Spiritually balanced life (prayer, Bible study, rest, worship, financial stewardship).
• Strong work ethic and personal integrity and demonstrates humility in leadership.
• Demonstrates a mature understanding of the bible. Doctrinally aligned with Statement of Faith, doctrinal positions, mission, and core values.
• Exhibit evidence of Christian character and servant leadership as stated in 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1: 5-9, and 1 Peter 5:1-4 in both work environments and home/family settings.
• Possesses personality, temperament, and interpersonal skills to relate and serve effectively within a multi-generational congregation setting. Engages in a people-centred approach in all regards of the church.
Package and Remuneration
• Full-time salaried position, expected to work at least 35 hours per week, including Sundays.
• Eligible benefits consistent with the current policy of insurance, RRSP, vacation, and others.
• Starting salary negotiable based on experience. Interested Applicants
• Email your Current resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Require Three (3) referrals with contact information.
• This posting will be left open until a successful candidate is found.
• We thank all applicants. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Employer Information Name:
The Toronto Evangelistic Association (a.k.a. Evangel Temple)
Address: 4190 Yonge Street, North York, Ontario M2P 1N9, Canada
Website: www.evangeltemple.ca Phone: 416-221-2330