ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Development & Communications Coordinator plays a crucial role in advancing the mission of EMI Canada by coordinating and leading a variety of fund development and communications initiatives. The role includes day-to-day administration, as well as developing and leading new initiatives. The Development & Communications Coordinator is part of the EMI Canada Development and Communications team, and regularly collaborates with other EMI staff and outsourced consultants.
You are an experienced, self-motivated, and organized professional with a passion to advance the mission of EMI Canada. You are comfortable working independently and collaboratively; and you can capably manage projects, details, and timelines. If you are interested in a role that can help build a team, improve the capacity of an organization, and create structure in meaningful, long-term ways, this role may be a good fit.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Fund Development (35%)
- Provides coordination and administrative support for all aspects of EMI Canada fund development program, which may include: Supporting the Director of Development on major donor initiatives; supporting the grant-writing team; coordinating the monthly giving program and special campaigns; coordinating donor stewardship; and coordinating fundraising events
- Provides administrative support to the Development Director
Communications and Marketing (35%)
- Works closely with outsourced marketing agency to implement EMI Canada marketing/ communications plan, which may include: development of marketing materials (creation, curation, or editing of content for emails, newsletters, web copy, print materials, banners, etc.); coordinating social media; implementing segmentation of communications initiatives
- Develops expertise with EMI Canada CRM database to manage data, generate reports, build distribution lists, create emails and webpage content, etc.
- Generates reports and gather metrics to monitor results of communications efforts; suggest course corrections as required
- Coordinates logistics and communications items related to external promotional opportunities
Volunteer Engagement (20%)
- Coordinates development of a new initiative to meaningfully engage past EMI project volunteers. May include research and segmentation within existing CRM database, and creating and implementing marketing/communications strategy
- Supports EMI Canada finance team with budget development and providing regular financial projections and other data
- Supports and promotes the activities of EMI Canada to internal and external constituencies, including attending and supporting EMI Canada events as appropriate
Discipleship and Spiritual Leadership (5%)
- Participates regularly in EMI Canada staff team discipleship initiatives such as Days of Prayer, retreats, and daily devotion and prayer
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with ability to effectively communicate organizational vision, mission, and activities with a broad range of stakeholder groups across varied mediums
- Demonstrated experience in crafting promotional messaging, along with sharp editing skills
- Experience coordinating fund development initiatives such as donor stewardship, fundraising events, grants administration, etc. is an asset
- Proficiency in Outlook, MS Word, Excel, and internet applications, as well as ability to learn and proficiently use databases (Civi)
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite or other desktop publishing applications
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational and time management skills, and ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Proactive self-starter comfortable working independently as well as in a team environment
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to build positive and productive collegial relationships
- Ethical, tactful, and committed to confidentiality with regard to sensitive information
Education and Experience
- An undergraduate degree in a relevant field is preferred
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role, or having performed similar tasks, preferably in a charitable setting
- A mature individual with a heart and passion to advance the vision of EMI Canada
- Agreement with and adherence to EMI Canada’s Statement of Faith and Code of Conduct
- Willing to undergo a Criminal Record Check before being approved for duty
Incumbent will work in the EMI Canada office and may be eligible for a hybrid work arrangement with days in and out of the office. Business travel within the city may be required; and travel outside the city will be rare.
ABOUT EMI CANADA
Engineering Ministries International is an international Christian non-profit organization. We partner with frontline ministries to provide accessible, affordable, and contextually appropriate engineering and architecture services, helping them to maximize their capacity and impact. We also train, mobilize, and support design professionals at all career stages as they serve with EMI.
Our mission is to develop people, design structures, and construct facilities which serve communities and the Church.
Our vision is people restored by God and the world restored through design.
The EMI Canada team is highly collaborative and nimble, working together to accomplish organizational goals. We value teamwork, continuous learning and improvement, and open communication.
HOW TO APPLY
Please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, noting Development & Communications Coordinator in the subject line.
Applications will be accepted until Friday, February 16, 2024.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for further discussion and/or an interview will be contacted.