Edvance is a new, dynamic, non-profit industry association serving Christian schools and their leaders—principals, teachers, administrative staff and board members—in Ontario and the eastern Canadian provinces.
Join our professional and dedicated team in our mission to promote and advance excellence in Christian schools across the country. Our team is passionately committed to the growth and flourishing of Christian education and we work to maximize the resources of our affiliate schools, giving them access to meaningful networks, educational events, innovative insights, and valuable services.
We’re currently hiring a Communications & Events Coordinator to work from our office in Burlington, Ontario. This is a full-time, one-year position with pension and benefits, set to begin on or around June 1, 2019. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
What you’ll be responsible for…
- Providing organizational support for special events, key projects and unique initiatives
- Coordinating, designing, developing, editing, and delivering external communications, including digital newsletters for school leaders and social media content
- Contributing to the development of internal and external communications strategy
- Coordinate and communicate details of established co-curricular K-12 athletic, arts, and science activities across the province
What we’re looking for…
- A passion for excellence, professionalism and growth in the Christian school sector
- Superior written, verbal and visual communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and service orientation; pleasant and diplomatic in-person and on-line demeanour
- Organized and self-disciplined with ability to maintain confidentiality
- Resourceful, able to anticipate issues that may arise or opportunities to address
- Ability to work independently and set priorities
- Strategic and creative thinking (ability to see the whole) balanced by meticulous attention to detail (ability to deliver with timely precision)
- Related technical and digital skills, including sophisticated use of Microsoft suite
- Working knowledge of Adobe products would be an asset
Education & Experience
- University degree; additional relevant education or certifications an asset
- Knowledge of the education sector; knowledge of industry associations and non-profit sector an asset
- Experience with a Christian school; evidence of support for the independent, religious K-12 education sector
- Minimum of two years of successful organizational experience
- Event management experience and skills
- Graphic design expertise and/or interest would be a strong asset
As a member of our team, this person is in agreement with the foundational statements of the organization as expressed in our by-laws.
To apply or reach out with expressions of interest or further questions, please email email@example.com Thursday, May 23, 2019.