Capital Campaign Manager: Full-time, Fixed-term (24-30 months)
Description of Employer:
Regent College is an evangelical, international graduate school of Christian studies based in Vancouver, affiliated with the University of British Columbia. With a first-class faculty and alumni in over 80 countries who are part of more than 40 Christian denominations, Regent College has gained an international reputation for excellence in theological education.
Summary of the Position:
Reporting to the Director of Advancement, the Capital Campaign Manager will serve the College by managing and coordinating all activities related to a significant capital campaign. The successful applicant will have strong project management skills and experience, familiarity with the world of fundraising and philanthropy, strong attention to detail, excellent written skills, and a demonstrated ability to direct and hold leaders, staff, and volunteers accountable for their work on the capital campaign.
- Manages the campaign
- Directs key staff and volunteers on campaign assignments, schedule, functions
- Leaders: Assists the Chairs of the Executive Campaign Committee and Campaign Steering Committee in preparing and conducting meetings
- Solicitors: Works with committee members and non-committee members, who are related to key prospects; assists them in setting agendas and making appointments with assigned prospects
- Prepares for and supports all the activities related to the committees, making sure meetings are well planned and include adventure and celebration
- Operates systems for managing the prospect and planning data
- Oversees design and preparation of materials, events and recognition programs
- Highly values and effectively executes the thanking process as commitments are made and pledges are received
- Prepares campaign reports and evaluations
- Prepares monthly production reports on activities, potential gifts, gifts solicited but not committed, and total amount committed toward goal
- Prepares reports projecting strategies for various gift levels and timeframes
- Prepares monthly updates of the campaign timetable
- Works directly with campaign counsel getting guidance and recommendations on A-E (above) and all aspects of the campaign
- Directs campaign marketing and the cultivation and solicitation of prospects at all levels
- Trains staff and volunteers
- Plans, creates and oversees communication strategy
- Monthly insiders’ newsletter and the periodic campaign newsletter
- Email and use of other communication tools, e.g., Facebook, Twitter,
- Sets strategies and approaches for top prospects
- Oversees preparation of draft proposals for foundations and corporations
- Prepares written strategies on all prospects for gifts of $25K or more
Applicants must have a minimum of 5 years of project management experience plus a minimum of a university degree.
The ideal candidate will be a person who has:
Passion for the Mission:
- The campaign manager should have had some involvement and demonstrated interest in Regent College and its mission. He/she should not simply be an individual seeking a position in fund development. The successful candidate must understand and support the ethos and mission of Regent College as articulated in the Theological Position (http://www.regent-college.edu/about-us/theological-position) .
Project Management Skills
- The campaign manager should have superior project management skills and a demonstrated ability to plan and execute on campaign goals.
- The campaign manager should understand that managing a campaign is like running a small business. The ideal candidate will be able to make sure the business is run well, being extremely self-motivated and not relying too heavily on a supervisor. Initiative is the key characteristic here. This is someone who can lead senior staff and experienced business people. Position or high- powered people must not intimidate the campaign manager. The successful candidate must have the demonstrated ability to maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
- The campaign manager should be technologically fluent, especially using Word, Excel and Outlook. Ideally the selected candidate will create appropriate forms with graphics and use technology to manage and communicate creatively and effectively. Experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365/Donor Engage, or other fundraising databases, is considered an asset.
Attention to Detail:
- The campaign manager should not underestimate the importance of detail in working with volunteers and donor prospects. With this in mind, the successful candidate must have exceptional organizational skills: attention to detail; good time management; ability to multitask effectively; discipline to deal with issues in a timely manner; ability to plan well and anticipate needs and the ability to keep information in an orderly manner.
While demonstrated competence in a capital campaign will be an asset, those with the requisite skills noted above are encouraged to apply.
Applications must include a resume and a cover letter with specifics including eligibility to work in Canada and salary expectations. The application deadline is March 22, 2019 at 12:00 pm. To submit your application please email: email@example.com