Edvance is a dynamic, not-for-profit industry association serving the growth and flourishing of Christian schools and their leaders—principals, boards, administrative staff, and educators—in Ontario and the eastern Canadian provinces.
Our professional and dedicated team is committed to fostering excellence in Christian elementary and secondary schools. We believe that excellence in education depends on excellence in leadership. We’re globally connected but locally grounded and work closely with our growing number of affiliate members—which currently includes 88 schools.
The Office Assistant provides professional administrative support across most areas within the organization. The Office Assistant reports to the Marketing and Communications Manager, and works closely with the President, the leadership team, organizational staff, and service contractors, and interacts with board members and partner organizations. Committed to growth in Christian schooling, the Office Assistant is interpersonally savvy and engaging, and is attentive in a timely manner to organizational needs.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Frequently being first point of contact with the organization through phone and email
- Welcoming visitors and clients to the office
- Scheduling meetings and arranging refreshments as appropriate
- Preparing agendas, minutes, reports, and serving as recording secretary for the Edvance Board of Directors meetings and for other meetings, as needed (Note: this role will report directly to the President in matters related to the Edvance Board of Directors.)
- Administration of student assessment data and other data or surveys, as required
- Collection and analysis of statistical data, inputting data into organizational database on Salesforce.com, preparing reports as required
- Managing special projects and initiatives, as required
Employment Standard Requirements:
- Administrative experience is a plus
- Superior communication skills, written and verbal
- Excellent attention to detail
- Accurate and efficient keyboard skills
- Excellent computer skills, particularly in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com is an asset
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills; pleasant demeanor and phone manner
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and be self-disciplined, organized, diplomatic and discreet
- Ability to work independently and to set priorities
As a member of our team, this person agrees and lives in accordance with the foundational statements of the organization (available on request).
You’ll be based in our office in a dynamic co-working space in Burlington, Ontario at the nexus of the 407, 403 and QEW. This part-time (60%) position begins in March 2022. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Sarah Burt, Marketing and Communications Manager, Edvance at email@example.com. All inquiries and applications will be held in strictest confidence. Applications should be submitted by February 1, 2022.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.