Are you interested in joining our team in this exciting and re-energized adventure providing people with access to God’s Word? The Canadian Bible Society (CBS) is looking for a dedicated Manager of PR & Communications who is responsible for the strategy, management and implementation of the communications and public relations portfolio under the leadership of the Director, Development Marketing & Communications. This includes brand management, content creation and storytelling, social media content and media relations, public awareness and advertising, constituent event oversight, and thought leader and influencer development.
- Responsible for the development and execution of a communications and public relations plan that supports the achievement of the goals and financial objectives of the organization;
- Develop short and long-term plans and budgets for the communications and public relations team and program and monitoring progress;
- Develop, implement, and monitor systems and procedures necessary to the smooth operation of the communications and public relations function;
- Working with Director of DMC oversee brand design, editorial style and look and feel of materials and ensure that brand guidelines are adhered to across organization and Regions;
- Work with Marketing, Scripture Resources, Fundraising and all Regional offices and stores to ensure that branding is unified, and that tools and resources are available for amplifying the organizational brand and messaging;
- Responsible for the gathering, writing, editing, and communicating of content that reports, shares and engages multiple audiences in the work of CBS;
- Write, or assist in editing of general digital newsletter and video to support donor journey and stewardship of constituents;
- Write or assist in the editing of content for newsletters, print and digital, messages from Executive Director or senior leadership, and external communication as required;
- Writing/content creation for digital assets including website, and social media outlets;
- Ensure that web content is up to date, current and relevant to campaigns and ongoing goals and messaging of organization;
- Work with marketing, digital and scripture resource to assess and create compelling content that leads to engagement and support;
- Provide counsel and support to regional leads on public relations initiatives ensuring coordinated efforts and consistency in messaging as well as alignment with public relations goals;
- Working with National Programs, provide content for Church Rep’s and volunteer communications i.e. digital newsletters etc;
- Develop Press and Media Releases, Op Eds, Editorials, Blogs and Video Blogs Creation;
- Coordinate media interest in the Organization and ensure regular contact with target media and appropriate response to media requests;
- In collaboration with the DMC team identify and develop relationships with key Christian influencers and together build social media and marketing campaigns to further the public relations and fundraising agenda of the CBS;
- Develop an influencer strategy, identify spokespeople for the purpose of cultivating relationships to engage the public with the organization;
- Organize conferences, speaking engagements for Senior Leadership and prepare them for media interviews;
- Create branding and communication support materials for events and campaigns (i.e. displays, banners, ads, postcards, videos etc).
- 5 plus years of experience in communications and public relations successfully managing people;
- Experience working with non-profits preferred;
- Communications/Public Relations Degree or equivalent;
- Substantial social and/or digital marketing experience;
- Experience overseeing the design and production of print materials and publications, video production and multimedia content production;
- Demonstrated successful experience in journalistic writing including press releases, making presentations and negotiating with media and influencer relationships;
- Diplomatic bridge-builder that drives toward solutions – ability to identify priorities and align cross-functional teams around shared goals;
- Writing background: journalism, media, public relations;
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational, and personal sales skills;
- Strategic, action-oriented, self-starter with strong initiative;
- Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams;
- Strong written communications skills;
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time;
- Bilingualism is an asset.
What does the Canadian Bible Society Do?
We are an interdenominational organization partnering with individuals, churches, and religious organizations who similarly believe that God’s Word changes hearts and lives. Whether in support of Canada’s latest incoming refugees or those affected by human trafficking in partnering countries, we continue to proudly contribute to the spiritual development of the people we reach, both in Canada and overseas. As we celebrate 110 years of ministry in Canada and abroad, the Canadian Bible Society (CBS), is uniquely poised to fulfill its mission to translate, publish, distribute, and encourage engagement with the Christian Scriptures.
Join our growing team at this exciting time! Please forward your CV along with a cover letter detailing your interest in this position and the Canadian Bible Society, to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 6th 2019.
Qualified candidates must be able to demonstrate a commitment to the core values and mission of the CBS. All offers of employment will be conditional upon the successful completion of reference checks, credit check and Police background check.