Church Out Serving invites applications for the full-time position of Executive Director of Riversyde 83, our newest venture, set to open in 2020.
ROLE DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
The Executive Director is a newly created position and will serve as the key management lead for Riversyde 83. Reporting to the Board of Directors of Church Out Serving, the Executive Director will have a passion for and commitment to the vision, mission and core values of Church Out Serving. He or she will lead the successful launch of our new facility and be responsible for its ongoing operations.
The Executive Director will recruit, train and motivate a highly effective and successful team of staff and volunteers, oversee finance and marketing strategies and lead a positive, mission-oriented culture in the facility. He or she will be a visionary self-starter who has a passion for people, local healthy foods, and serving our Norfolk community.
WHO WE ARE: CHURCH OUT SERVING
Church Out Serving (COS) is a community-focused, faith-based charity, located in Simcoe, Ontario. (www.churchoutserving.org) Founded in 2010, Church Out Serving runs a variety of valued community programs linking local resources with need, drawing together people who are committed to “loving our neighbours” in practical ways.
Riversyde 83 is located in downtown Simcoe, in the heart of Norfolk County, known as Ontario’s Garden. This new local community food hub will be a gathering place where food, friends, and well-being converge. It will feature two kitchens; a residential-style teaching classroom and a commercial food preparation kitchen, along with a trendy café, an ‘all-things-food’ marketplace, and meeting rooms. Our new Executive Director will pioneer the vision of Riversyde 83 into reality, creating a unique social experience through food.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The Executive Director will oversee:
- the day-to-day operations of the café, food skills classes, marketplace, meeting spaces and all other charitable and social enterprise components
- the delivery of a warm, welcoming and safe guest experience
- the recruitment, training and management of a dedicated, purposed team of staff and volunteers
- the employment of innovative strategies, programs, and solutions
- all financial affairs, including budgets and monthly reporting
- community relations building with local businesses, neighbours, agriculture partners, churches, and other stakeholders
QUALIFICATIONS: The successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
- strong alignment of personal values with that of Church Out Serving’s values
- a heart for community engagement, both community-minded and customer-focused
- compassionate and humble leadership, with integrity
- exceptional team building skills with ability to coach, direct and collaborate with staff and volunteers
- vision, energy, and entrepreneurial skills, able to work and thrive in the uncertain environment of a new social enterprise start-up
- strategic thinking/planning with a strong business acumen
- solid organization and time management skills
- strong financial management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision making and reporting
- strong written and oral communication skills for inspiring, leading and working with staff, volunteers, churches, donors and community
- excellent donor relations skills and understanding of the supporting and funding communities
- success in establishing relationships with individuals and organizations including churches, partner agencies, funders and volunteers
- experience and skills in food sector and coffee services industry to understand and manage the scope and complexity of a busy customer service facility
- passion for healthy, locally sourced foods
- food skills or culinary training preferred
- understanding of the current coffee culture or barista training preferred
- a bachelor’s degree preferred
- five or more years senior non-profit management experience
- experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) required, experience with other computer programs (Quickbooks, point of sale, customer management, inventory management) preferred
SALARY: to be negotiated
START DATE: on or about February 1, 2020
Please submit resume with cover letter and two references to Eric Haverkamp, Board Chair, at email@example.com. Preliminary candidate screening will begin November 30, 2019, but job posting will remain open until submission deadline of December 15, 2019.