A search facilitated by Nelson/Kraft & Associates for Kelowna Gospel Mission.
Kelowna’s Gospel Mission will feed the hungry, shelter the homeless and help the hurting. We will provide assistance to all. We will minister to the whole person, spirit, soul and body by sharing Jesus with a servant’s heart.
We are motivated by INTEGRITY // We interact with RESPECT // We relate with COMPASSION
Oversee all areas of administration and operational activities and related staff of the Kelowna’s Gospel Mission and its satellite ministries.
- Gateway is often the first point of contact with community members, each person receives physical, spiritual and emotional care.
- Kelowna Gospel Mission Outreach offers a wide range of services daily.
- Men’s Emergency Shelter accessible every day of the year.
- Case Management Our caseworkers walk alongside individuals to meet their unique needs.
- Our Thrift Store creates job and volunteer opportunities, fosters community and purpose, and provides hope to those who are restarting their lives by making goods more accessible.
- Dental Clinic In our state-of-the-art facility we are staffed with licensed dental practitioners who are dedicated to provide low-cost services.
- Harmony House and Shiloh House offer recovery needs of women in crisis.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
- Model Jesus in word & deed
- Providing spiritual leadership in terms of vision, encouragement and example.
- Oversee and direct the daily operation of the Kelowna’s Gospel Mission.
- Developing short and long-range operational goals for Board approval.
- Implementing Board approved policies through department heads and staff.
- Attend Board and Committee meetings as required.
- Approve purchases and expenditures within limits as set by board policy for operational and capital expenditures.
- Acting as a liaison between board and staff in negotiating salaries, increments and benefits.
- In consultation with Human Resources assuming responsibilities of hiring and dismissing of staff, including temporary staff and volunteers as required.
- Representing Kelowna’s Gospel Mission (or delegating representatives) to conferences (associations, churches or/and agencies offering social services).
- Assuming primary responsibility for types and levels of service offered by the Kelowna’s Gospel Mission, subject to board approval.
- Consulting with professionals (accountants, lawyers etc.) as required.
- Contributing to the maintenance of good morale and high levels of performance by advice and counsel to staff members as required.
- Speaking engagements as representative of the Kelowna’s Gospel Mission.
- Being responsible for the administrative and supervisory activities of department heads.
- Providing leadership to office personnel responsible for office administration functions, bookkeeping and accounting activities and human resources.
- In consultation with human resources, researching and presenting to the Board equitable pay scales for Kelowna’s Gospel Mission positions.
- Reviewing, updating, and presenting to the Board an employee benefits package.
- Working with human resources in maintaining a policy and procedure manual, making necessary changes with the approval of the Board.
- Providing needed training programs for the staff.
- Keeping current on government laws and regulations in cooperation with the Canadian Council of Christian Charities.
- Working closely with Insurance brokers to keep the portfolio current and complete including general liability insurance, vehicle insurance, Directors, Officers, staff and volunteer liability insurance.
- Convening regular meetings of appropriate department heads and regularly visiting and monitoring departments and satellite facilities under their supervision.
- Designated Privacy Officer for Kelowna’s Gospel Mission.
- Designated primary PR and media spokesperson for Kelowna’s Gospel Mission.
- Representing Kelowna’s Gospel Mission on local, regional, and national service agency committees subject to Board approval.
- By bringing all contracts and bids to the Board for approval and acceptance.
Director of Human Resources, Director of Emergency Services, Director of Harmony Ministries, Director of Development, Thrift Store Manager, Dental Clinic Manager and Bookkeeper.
LOCATION: Kelowna, BC
Further information on Kelowna Gospel Mission can be found at https://kelownagospelmission.ca/
Application Deadline: March 31, 2020
Please note Qualified candidates for this search must be Canadian residents at the time of application.
If you or someone you know, would like to start a confidential inquiry about this opportunity, please contact Mark Kraft and Larry Nelson at email@example.com
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. is an executive search firm specializing in the recruitment of executive management and fundraising personnel in the charitable sectors. We work with a diverse group of not-for-profit organizations through the connection of colleagues in Vancouver, Calgary, Winnipeg, and Toronto.