The Vice President of Research is a pivotal role in the leadership of Cardus. The successful candidate will lead Cardus to answer the challenges and opportunities of our cultural moment. Reporting directly to the President, this person will lead our institution’s responses to the big questions of our day.
The Vice President of Research will demonstrate many years of strong servant leadership, clear in focus and bent to the flourishing of others.
Serving on the Cardus senior management team, this person will guide the research department toward rigour and innovation, ensuring that our work withstands the critiques that bold missional research inevitably attracts.
The Vice President of Research will be held accountable to building and growing productive research capacity; to ensuring quality and quantity of output; and to building long-term sustainability for Cardus’ research needs.
LOCATION: ? Hamilton or Ottawa, Ontario.
- Philosophically and theologically aligned with the Cardus mission, and able to articulate it publicly;
- Strategic insight and ability to make tactical adjustments, including under pressure;
- Able to identify, recruit, and manage key personnel for program leadership;
- Academic rigour, especially in research methods applied in an interdisciplinary setting;
- Able to advocate for the merits of research with private donors and foundations;
- A team player able to work with management and board leadership promoting an effective organizational culture;
- Designer of a refined and efficient research program, which embodies Cardus’s mission and vision, and coheres across programs.