To ORGANIZE information, manage and administer finances and keep the day-to-day operations at Greenbelt Church running smoothly. The Church Business Administrator at Greenbelt shall assist Greenbelt Leadership in the implementation of Greenbelt’s overall vision and purposes through managing the church’s finances and business.
This is a PART-TIME position, 15 hours a week.
About Greenbelt Church
Located in the East End of the Nation’s Capital, Ottawa, we are a vibrant, multi-generation, & multi-ethnic church. We have an average Sunday attendance of 180 among 3 worship services; 2 in English and 1 in Arabic. Our ministry impact through youth, outreach, small groups and other initiatives currently connects with over 600 people.
Our vision is to be a vibrant, growing Christian community engaged in reaching 10 000 people with the Gospel! We do this by living our mission to lead people in Knowing, Living and Sharing Jesus.
Our values drive what this looks like in our ministry:
- Relevant: We strive to stay culturally applicable while remaining true to God’s word. We are the church of today.
- Real: We strive to be authentic in our relationships - with God and with each other. Sunday masks and facades are not required.
- Welcoming: We desire to cultivate a sense of love and belonging, purposefully integrating people into the community. At Greenbelt, everyone is welcomed.
- Caring: We strive to be a place that feels like family, drawing people into a deeper relationship with Jesus. Everyone matters to God and you matter to us.
- Purposeful: We seek to be intentional about leading people in their growing relationship with Jesus wherever they are on their journey. As God pours into us, we pour into others.
- Simple: We strive to keep ministry clear and focused. Life is complicated - church shouldn’t be.
- A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing personal relationship with Him.
- Fully support the mission, vision, and ministry philosophy of Greenbelt Church.
- Spiritual gifts of administration and service of primary focus.
- Experience in bookkeeping and bookkeeping software (eg. Quickbooks) is essential.
- Self-starter as there are many small projects requiring individual initiative.
- Experience in Google Docs, Planning Center is an asset.
- Proficiency and comfort with computers is a must.
- Experience in finances is a must.
- Able to work both individually and in a team with a high level of responsibility with a servant’s heart
- The Church Business Administrator works with Deacons Team to facilitate the day to day business of fiscal responsibility. This includes overseeing the payment of bills, payroll, expense report reimbursements, the issuing of cheques, insurance, expense reports, CRA compliances and staff benefits.
- Communicates with external agencies on behalf of the church related to accounts and contracts held by and maintained with the church.
- Handles the security system administration and church keys.
- Responsible to develop and oversee the office budget.
- Hold and employ financial signing authority for church finances
- Record keeping & document management
- Attend staff meetings, congregational meetings or other leadership events.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Lead Pastor.
- The Business Administrator shall be directly accountable to the Lead Pastor.
- He/She will be a team player, and will work in cooperation with Greenbelt’s leadership, other staff, and volunteers within the church.
- He/She shall receive a quarterly progress review of ministry execution and leadership
- He/She shall pay close attention to his/her personal spiritual life, family, and service by maintaining a vibrant and maturing faith in Jesus Christ through active church body life.