LCC International University is seeking an experienced Human Resources professional to fill the role of Vice President of Human Resources.
Reporting to the President and working with a collaborative executive leadership team (President’s Executive Cabinet), the VP of Human Resources is responsible for leading the Human Resources Division in attracting, hiring, and retaining a high-quality, mission-focused team based in Lithuania and remotely throughout Europe and North America. Direct responsibilities include maintaining oversight of all HR-related functions including talent management, compensation and benefits, employee engagement, corporate culture, and HR compliance. We would especially value a candidate with experience in an organization where individual staff fundraise to support the broader mission of the organization.
If you would love to join a Christ-centered, international community that equips staff and students to heal a broken world, we would love to connect with you. If you are looking to apply your professional HR skills and experience to develop top-quality, mission-driven teams bringing life-changing education to students from war-affected and economically challenged contexts, we would love to connect with you.
Located on the Baltic Sea in Klaipeda, Lithuania, LCC International University is a nationally and internationally recognized Christian liberal arts institution founded over 30 years ago, following the collapse of the Soviet Union. Now, students from across the world come to experience the Christ-centered, multicultural, and North American style education at LCC.
The current student body of over 750 students (20% from Lithuania & 80% international) includes young people from more than 60 countries. Within this intentionally diverse campus community, we seek to demonstrate Christ-centered hospitality, an ethos of peacebuilding, a foundation of integrity, and respect for each individual. LCC particularly welcomes students who want to learn but face obstacles within their economically challenged or war-affected homelands, offering them the opportunity for a life-changing education.
To be the leading Christian liberal arts university in Europe, renowned for its flourishing academic community, spiritual vitality, and global impact.
LCC International University provides Christian liberal arts education within a diverse learning community that transforms people for servant leadership.
- We believe that a liberal arts education integrates learning into all aspects of life
- We affirm a Christian worldview that invites all people to grow in truth and restoration through the power of the Gospel of Jesus Christ
- We value community as a safe place where people are respected, affirmed and empowered, so that their dignity is upheld
- We pursue relationships that are mutual, authentic, and based on trust
- We celebrate diversity of cultures and traditions, personalities and opinions
- Be a maturing disciple of Jesus Christ, maintaining spiritual disciplines for personal and ministry growth.
- Be a lifelong learner who prizes the discipleship of the mind, particularly staying current on topics such as recruitment, retention, diversity and inclusion, and vocational calling.
- Set and implement a long-range talent management strategy that aligns with the strategic plan and advances the mission of LCC.
- Oversee the recruitment, development and retention of an international community of approximately 200 full-time and part-time employees.
- Establish robust, diverse internal and external applicant pipelines.
- Increase the number of fundraising staff and faculty from North America and develop institutional systems, policies, and communities to expand ministry support teams and nurture fundraising individuals.
- Oversee and ensure a positive experience throughout the complete interviewing, onboarding, and orientation process.
- Champion employee wellbeing and engagement within a diverse community that includes cross-cultural, generational, gender, ethnic, geographical, and economic situations.
- Coach LCC leaders with best practices in change management, conflict resolution, communication, well-being, and other relevant leadership topics.
COMPENSATION STRATEGY & HR COMPLIANCE
- Ensure effective and consistent institutional compensation and benefits strategies.
- Oversee institutional payroll budget and all financial contracts with staff.
- In partnership with local HR staff, ensure compliance with Lithuanian Labor Law.
CORPORATE CULTURE / ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Demonstrate LCC’s values in all internal and external communication and relationships.
- Partner with leadership to infuse institutional values into LCC’s corporate culture.
- Oversee institutional professional development programs.
- Oversee faculty and staff performance management processes.
- Oversee employee recognition programs.
EXPATRIATE FUNDRAISING AND SUPPORT
- Provide training and ongoing support to help fundraising expatriate staff/faculty develop and strengthen ministry support teams.
- Create financial agreements (contracts, budgets) and manage benefits for all expatriate staff.
- Administer expatriate compensation and reimbursement processes with the U.S. and Canadian charities.
- Oversee transition and adaptation of expatriate employees to Lithuania.
PRESIDENT'S CABINET & EXECUTIVE LEADERSHIP
- Serve as a member of the President’s Executive Cabinet and participate in institutional planning and decision-making for LCC.
- Attend and participate in institutional Board of Directors' meetings as directed by the President.
REPORTS TO: President
WORKS CLOSELY WITH: Executive Cabinet, President’s Cabinet, Department Heads, Human Resources staff, Canadian and U.S. Charity offices
DIRECTLY SUPERVISES: Staff/Faculty Chaplain, HR Director, Employee Relations Coordinator, Organizational Development Partner, and Expatriate Recruiter.
- Affirmation of the Nicene Creed
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Demonstrated experience in leading Human Resources teams
- Demonstrated experience in building and maintaining a values-based organizational culture
- Demonstrated ability to partner and work well cross-culturally and in a diverse environment
- Strong English communication skills (oral and written)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams, and PowerPoint)
- Experience in employee relations, managing conflicts, contract negotiation, staff termination and performance management
- Strong self-motivation and initiative
- Strong commitment to the institutional mission of LCC and its values
- Masters-level degree and/or recognized Human Resources professional designation
- Experience in higher education
- Experience working with fundraising employees
- Experience working with expatriate employees
- Familiarity with LCC International University
- Ability to develop a ministry support team who will pray, support, and give financially
- Exciting work opportunity in an international and multicultural environment
- A Christ-centered community that equips staff and students to heal a broken world
- Life in a quaint and thriving European city on the Baltic Sea
- Friendly and supportive team and work culture
- Flexible working conditions
- Travelling opportunities
- Professional development opportunities
SALARY: €30,000 (EUR) base with the opportunity to develop a personal team of ministry partners that provide financial and prayer support to LCC's Human Resources leadership and their activities of LCC.
INTERESTED APPLICANTS: Please submit a resume and fill in the form here: https://lcchr.catsone.com/careers/38214-General/jobs/15338043-Vice-President-Human-Resources
For further information on working at LCC International University: https://lcc.lt/work-at-lcc
For questions: Contact LCC’s President at firstname.lastname@example.org