Pastor (Young Adults & Discipleship, Barrie Campus)
*ONLY APPLICANTS CURRENTLY LIVING IN CANADA WILL BE CONSIDERED
Emmanuel (www.emmanuelbarrie.org) is a vibrant multi-campus, multi-generational congregation that is approaching 95 years of ministry. We are a large regional church in the booming city of Barrie, one of Canada’s fastest growing municipalities. With the growing city comes the exciting opportunity through ministry and multi-site to impact more people with the gospel of Jesus Christ.
We are seeking a passionate, visionary leader to lead our vibrant Young Adults ministry (ages 18-30) as well as give vision and leadership to church-wide Discipleship. This person must demonstrate the ability to teach God’s Word, easily develop relationships with others, have a passion for evangelism, and work well as a member of a large pastoral team.
- Provide vision, leadership, oversight, teaching, participation and advancement of the Young Adults Ministry (Centred) at Emmanuel, creating a community of growth in love for God and their neighbour.
- Develop and lead weekly Young Adult Ministries, worship, teaching, and fellowship times (i.e. oversee the main teaching for Young Adults on Thursday evenings, weekends and other designated ministry times).
- Plan and implement discipleship programs that would move each ministry toward the core values of Emmanuel.
- Develop and provide oversight for Emmanuel Care Teams, equipping the church to care for the church community.
- Be flexible in their abilities to minister to the wider Emmanuel community through teaching, shepherding, and outreach.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant ministry field preferred (Biblical Studies, Religious Education, Church Ministry, etc)
- A minimum of five years full-time ministry experience preferred
- A vibrant personal relationship with Jesus Christ demonstrated in a love for the gospel and non-churched people
- Teachable, inspirational, and motivational
To summarize, we are looking for a dynamic leader with a passion for shepherding and discipleship, inspiring people to share Jesus in their context. If you would like to make a difference in developing the church leaders of tomorrow, and if you live and breathe the Great Commission, this role may be for you!
A more detailed job description is available upon request. Please prayerfully consider whether you are the right man for this job. You can research our church and culture by visiting emmanuelbarrie.org. If after you’ve done this you believe God leading you to apply, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org