The Associate Pastor will have three primary areas of responsibility: oversight and development of Adult Ministries (70%), Congregational Care (15%), and being the Lead Pastor’s designate in teaching and leadership opportunities (15%). As the staff lead over Adult Ministries, s/he will play a vital role in fulfilling the WMBC vision by developing and maintaining discipling experiences for all adults in our worshipping and surrounding communities. Along with the Lead Pastor, the Associate Pastor will also provide congregational care and visitation to the church body and oversee benevolent assistance. At the discretion of the Lead Pastor, the Associate Pastor will be called upon to regularly lead elements of our Sunday morning worship service, serve on Board Committees, and Ministry Teams.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as the key contact and champion of our adult discipling experiences.
- Assist the Lead Pastor in launching and advancing our “Discipleship Pathway.”
- Provide regular reports to the Lead Pastor concerning the status of Group Ministries, while also identifying successes, problems, and solutions.
- Regularly lead during the Sunday morning services (i.e. welcome, pastoral prayer, announcements, serve communion).
- Assist the Lead Pastor in developing sermon series, and occasionally preach during Sunday morning services.
- Provide pastoral counseling and visitation to WMBC congregation as needed or requested.
- Serve as the Lead Pastor’s designate on Board Committees and Ministry Teams as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree with some Bible/theological studies; Masters preferred.
- Past success and present commitment to a team-based, equipping philosophy of ministry (Eph 4:12-13).
- A proven ability to lead/ guide adults to experience personal spiritual growth.
- An ability to clearly communicate and motivate through the preaching and teaching of God’s Word.
- Demonstrate a constructive and positive interpersonal and conflict management skill set.
- Maintain a cooperative team spirit, positive attitude and servant’s heart regarding your job and towards the people with whom you work and serve.
- Minimum of 40 hours per week.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- A relocation stipend is available for this position.
Please prayerfully submit a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews
will be contacted and provided with a complete job description.