BFM Foundation (Canada) is a national Christian organization with 50+ Mission Thrift Stores across Canada. The net revenue from all Mission Thrift Stores is devoted to the Joint Ministry of BFM Foundation (Canada) and Bible League Canada. These funds are used to establish adult literacy programs, church planter training, children’s ministry programs, and distribute Bibles in over 40 countries. Mission Thrift Store are operated primarily by dedicated volunteers.
BFM Foundation (Canada) is looking for a full-time, qualified Bookkeeper to join the staff in Newmarket, ON. The Bookkeeper will provide bookkeeping assistance to the CFO of the organization and may be required to assist Mission Thrift Stores. The successful candidate must be in agreement with our Statement of Faith and Lifestyles and Morality Policy.
- strong attention to details, accuracy and analytical skills
- efficient collection and tracking of information
- problem analysis and solving
- excellent communication and organizational skills
- ability to work efficiently under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- honest, trustworthy and respectful
- demonstrate sound work ethics
- self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Reliable and proactive, with the ability to take the initiative, problem-solve & implement solutions
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration or Commerce
- Bookkeeping certification or other related education is an asset
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Bookkeeper; Experience with SAGE 50 Premium Accounting asset
- Experience with not for profits and charities preferred
- Experience using Ceridian and Certify
- Knowledge of and passion for the work of BFM Foundation (Canada)/Mission Thrift Store
Salary Expectations: Remuneration will be commensurate with experience. You may include your salary expectations.
If you feel you have the passion and skill set that would help to advance the purpose of BFM Foundation (Canada), we look forward to hearing from you! Please submit your resume by June 19, 2020 to email@example.com. Only those considered for interviews will be contacted.
*Full Job Description available upon request
BFM Foundation Thrift Store Development Ltd. and its related entities welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.