Target Start Date: October 1, 2019
Time Commitment: Full time position
Location: 399 Main Street West Grimsby, Ontario
Overview of the Organization:
For over 50 years, Bible League Canada has been committed to doing missions differently. How? By strategically building extraordinary international partnerships with national ministries in over 40 countries, equipping local believers through Bible-centric discipleship programs to become champions for the Gospel, committed to reaching their own communities with the Living Word of God.
Bible League Canada diligently tracks each copy of God’s Word placed, connecting Canadian donor champions with global champions to see maximum impact and multiplying transformation.
Reporting to the VP of International Ministry (VPIM), this salaried position will assist the VPIM in two broad areas: (A) Strategic Planning and (B) International Missions Operations. The incumbent should be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and interacting with ministry partners (both in Canada and globally), members of the Global Leadership Team, other Bible League Canada (BLC) teams and donors effectively and diplomatically. Specific responsibilities within the above areas are:
This involves participation in the development of strategic plans for all ministry activity, including:
- Engaging with the Global Leadership Team, which consists of regional joint ministry partner leaders, and ensuring that all regional/country plans and budgets are understood and up to date.
- Researching, documenting and providing updates on geo-political conditions in the countries where BLC operates, as well as the content of strategic ministry programs used by our ministry partners.
- Supporting the annual strategic planning process, which involves collaborating with International Ministry and other BLC teams, culminating in the publication and implementation of the annual operating plan.
- International Missions Operations:
This involves supporting the management of International Missions Operations, including:
- Supporting the VPIM in managing relationships with the Global Leadership Team, administration of the annual operations budget, traveling to the field for field operations visits, compiling and editing field reports and managing onsite staff.
- Working with the Coordinator of International Missions to develop and improve ministry management systems, structures, processes and culture in order to support the successful execution of the strategic plans and achieve all related goals and deliverables. This will involve gaining a solid understanding of the Coordinator of International Missions’ role.
- Supporting the Marketing and Development Teams with information such as program content and reports for fundraising purposes.
- Attending meetings of the Global Leadership Team of BLC.
- Minimum requirement of a Bachelor’s degree, with studies in global affairs, missions and international relationships preferred.
- Global experience either in missions or global ministry would be an asset.
- Experience in a not-for-profit organization is preferred but not essential.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Intermediate/Advanced organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail, with the ability to see the “big picture”.
Interpersonal Skills and Personal Attributes:
- Knowledge of and a passion for Bible League Canada and its work.
- Able to multi-task, prioritize and work well in a busy environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; experience interacting with people from diverse cultures, backgrounds and work styles.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing conditions, work assignments and teammates.
- Reliable, with the ability to take the initiative, problem-solve & implement solutions.
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently as needed.
- A dedicated team player, who enjoys working with others in team settings to solve problems and has a proven ability to work collaboratively with all levels of management and staff, inside and outside the organization.
- Clear understanding and ability to adhere to and manage confidentiality.
- Follower of Jesus Christ who wholeheartedly subscribes to the Bible League Canada’s faith and lifestyle policy documents.
- Availability and ability to meet the physical and legal travel requirements for significant international travel commitments.
- In fulfilling your responsibilities, you will be required to pray for and minister to people who contact Bible League Canada either in person, or by phone or other electronic communication. These ministry and prayer opportunities include but are not limited to reception/phone communication duties, order fulfillment, general inquiries, conferences and events and all fundraising activities.
- A love for Bible-based ministry in Canada and around the world.
- Cultural, economic and environmental sensitivity.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. For further information about Bible League Canada, please visit our website at www.bibleleague.ca.
Please submit your cover letter and resume or inquiries to Lori-Anne Cunningham at email@example.com. Bible League Canada would like to thank those who have applied, however, only short listed candidates will be contacted.