Grace Community Church is seeking a highly motivated individual for the position of Youth Pastor to lead Grace’s Youth Ministry. The successful candidate would begin work with Grace Community Church in October of 2021.
About Grace Community Church
Grace Community Church is located in the northern part of Guelph, Ontario. It is a non-denominational church with approximately 500 congregants in weekly attendance pre-COVID-19. Grace’s mission is the following for all people that interact with any Grace ministry: Touch heaven every week, with more and more people following Jesus in culture, while remaining spectacularly down to earth.
Grace Community church believes that the Bible (66 books making up the Old Testament and New Testament) is the sole basis of our belief and that the Bible was uniquely, verbally, and fully inspired by the Holy Spirit. Grace believes that the Bible was written without error in the original manuscripts and it is the supreme and final authority in faith and life in every age.
The current youth ministry has approximately 100 youths from grades 6 to 12 in weekly attendance coming from the Guelph community. The youth ministry also boasts a solid team of six volunteer youth leaders.
About the Position
As Grace Community Church is in a transition period, we are looking to hire an individual on a six-month contract, which based on performance, could be extended. The successful candidate does not require ordination from a governing body, and they will not take on any eldership or deaconship role in the church's governance.
The Youth Pastor will complete the following duties:
- Demonstrate a genuine faith and relationship with Jesus for all youth.
- Provide leadership, training, and encouragement to the volunteer youth leadership team.
- Create and administer programming related to the gospel message to enable youth to come to know God’s love.
- Develop, implement, and promote youth programming that is relevant, interactive, and accessible to all youth.
- Create and plan opportunities for youth to connect with the Guelph community.
- Create a program that offers a safe space for community youth to experience God.
- Ensure that all programs, events, and resources (worship, teaching, community events, service, etc.) are used to connect students and their families with the living God.
- Create an environment of inclusiveness for minorities and marginalized youth and families.
More duties and responsibilities for the Youth Pastor position will be detailed in a thorough job description which will be provided to the successful candidate at the time of hiring.
Applicants for the Grace Community Church Youth Pastor position should have:
- A relationship with Jesus
- A collaborative spirit
- Flexibility and patience
- Integrity and do what they say they will do
- A good understanding of how youth embrace faith
- Strong and effective leadership skills
- Administrative skills and organization
- A good understanding of social media and how it relates to the current culture
- Good self-awareness and the ability to be aware of surroundings during large events with youth
- The ability to “go with the flow”
- A heart for youth
- Education and/or experience with preaching/teaching
- The ability to relate to youth
- A desire to see youth grow in relationship with Christ
- A heart for the community
- High school diploma at minimum
Hours: 40 hours per week
Wages: $20 - $22 / hour dependent on experience
How to Apply