Position Description: Director of Ministry, full-time position
The Ezra Institute (EICC) is a confessional evangelical Christian organization established in 2009. Our purpose is the preservation and advancement of the truth, freedom and beauty of the gospel of Jesus Christ, for the renewal of all of life and culture.
The Centre for Reformational Culture is the new strategic primary location of EICC-sponsored events and programs. Regularly scheduled training academies as well as seminars, teaching and lecture series, afford a variety of inspiring opportunities for God's people to learn and be equipped and encouraged to know, defend and apply their faith. Our programs facilitate engagement in serious reflection and study, amidst warm fellowship with other believers, with a view to impacting culture to the glory of God.
For more information about the EICC and its work please visit www.ezrainstitute.ca
Reporting to the Board Executive Committee, the Director of Ministry will have strategic and daily operational responsibility for the EICC’s Centre staff, training events, expansion, and execution of its mission. S/he will initially develop deep knowledge of core programs at the Centre and business plans.
Leadership & Management:
- Provide high-level project planning for training programs and related events, student academies
- Ensure ongoing local programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation, and consistent quality of finance and administration, fundraising, communications, and systems; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals
- Actively engage and energize EICC volunteers, alumni, partner organizations, and donors
- Lead, coach, develop, and retain the EICC’s Centre staff team
- Ensure effective systems to track scaling progress, and regularly evaluate program components, so as to measure successes that can be effectively communicated to the board, donors, and other constituents
- Represent the EICC in speaking and writing; ability to understand and effectively communicate the vision and mission and work of the EICC Centre
Fundraising & Communications:
- Expand fundraising activities to support existing program operations
- Deepen and refine all aspects of communications—from web presence to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger brand
- Use external presence and relationships to garner new opportunities
Planning & New Business:
- Design the national and eventually international expansion plan and complete the strategic business planning process for the program expansion into new markets
- Begin to build partnerships in new markets/regions, establishing relationships with the donors and partners/leaders at each expansion site
- Promote events through one-to-one interaction and relationship-building
The Director of Ministry will be broadly Reformed and thoroughly committed to the EICC’s mission and passionate about our work. All candidates should have proven leadership, coaching and relationship management experience. Concrete demonstrable experience and other qualifications include:
- Post Secondary degree in Business, Communications, Public Relations or related field, with at least 10 years of management experience; track record of effectively leading a performance- and outcomes-based organization and staff; ability to point to specific examples of having developed and operationalized strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage, and develop high-performance teams, work with Executive Committee to develop and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget
- Past success working with a board of directors with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships
- Strong marketing, public relations, and/or fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures
- Flexibility to work outside regular business hours, including weekends and evenings during Centre events
How to Apply
Please send your resume and a cover letter detailing why you would like to work for the EICC to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline is July 31, 2018. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.