Pembina Counselling Centre is a not for profit, faith based counselling service with offices in the cities of Morden and Winkler, the agricultural heartland of industrialized southern Manitoba.
Vision Statement: We believe that restoring individuals and relationship has eternal value for good and is the primary reason for our being.
Mission Statement: We exist to help individuals who are struggling personally or in relationships to gain direction and find lasting hope.
Position: Counsellor – Morden / Winkler, Manitoba
This is a front-line, half time leading to full time counselling position providing initial intake, assessment and referral (if service request falls outside services we offer), and provision of therapeutic counselling in keeping with PCC’s vision, mission and values to groups and individuals experiencing mental health concerns. PCC provides services in the Pembina Valley of South Central Manitoba.
Details of Position & Hours of Work
- Immediate start
- .5 F.T.E. leading to full time (ie. 20 hours + per week)
- Contract position: Two year renewable contract which may be expanded in both hours and duration
- Schedule may vary according to client and program needs
- Reports to the PCC Clinical program director
Comparable with industry standards for a not-for-profit professional counselling practice and consistent with our philosophy of compensation which aspires to honour employees with equitable compensation.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide client-centred care in line with PCC’s Brand, culture and standards of care for a professional counsellor which includes compliance with the professional code of ethics for counsellors.
- Facilitate therapeutic involvement for clients around a clinical service agreement.
- Share in the provision of intake service.
- Provide assessment, treatment planning, psycho-education as indicated and appropriate, risk management; therapy from evidenced based and theory guided therapeutic models.
- Counselling may be on an individual, couple or group basis.
- Provide the above mentioned clinical services in satellite offices as designated and or needed.
- Manage clinical caseload and maintain direct and indirect service requirements.
- Be available for evening clinical work during regular office hours and on occasion outside of regular hours as needed and when appropriate.
- Engage in community development, community awareness, education and outreach as designated and appropriate, representing the agency in a professional manner. On occasion, these services may be provided outside of regular office hours.
- Attend and actively participate in team meetings and case conferencing meetings as scheduled.
- Attend other meetings; Annual General Meeting and periodically scheduled strategic planning and team building events; annual fundraising event.
- Maintain awareness of and adherence to policies and protocols as outlined in the Policy and Procedures Manual or supervisor directives.
- Support and participate in the quality enhancement activities of the clinical team and agency.
- Actively participate in supervision
- Provide coverage for other team members as volunteered/directed.
- Be supportive of and an active participant in the constant evolution and growth of the agency
- Provide peer support
- Other duties as directed by Clinical program director
Requirements, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Masters of Counselling or equivalent required
- Alignment with PCC Statement of faith, philosophy of ministry (PCC Brand, culture, vision, mission and values – see policy manual) a must
- Two or more years experience desirable
- Current registration with professional college or a recognized self-regulating professional association required at commencement of employment
- ASIST and Nonviolent Crisis Intervention training an asset
- Clinical work experience in substance abuse treatment including intake services an asset
- Comfort and skill with public speaking and group facilitation an asset
- Strong ability to work collaboratively with collateral community service providers
- Proficiency with computers, smart phones, variety of software programs including presentation technology
- Driver’s license and proof of current automobile insurance and access to a reliable vehicle
- A current Police Vulnerable Sector Check is a condition of employment
- Communication skills – verbal and written
- Exposure to emotionally demanding situations at times
- Regular travel may be required within the service area
- May be working with individuals who have a history of trauma and emotionally reactive
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Overtime as required
- Moderate physical activity which includes walking, standing, sitting
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUME AND COVER LETTER IN CONFIDENCE by email and hard copy by January 31, 2020 at 5:00 pm to: Clinical Program Director – Pembina Counselling Centre, #205-30 Stephen Street, Morden, MB R6M 2G3
Please indicate the position you are applying to in the subject line if submitting via email.
PCC is a Christian not-for-profit counselling centre accountable to a Board of Directors. Please refer to our webpage for more information.
If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of any required accommodations needed.
We thank all applicants for their interest but regret only those selected for an interview will be acknowledged.