Job Posting: Food Services Manager
Full time permanent @ 40hrs/wk in Edmonton, AB
This position is responsible to oversee the Food Services ministry at Beulah Alliance Church providing vision and leadership to the ministry area while working alongside other ministry areas to support food services at Beulah Alliance Church.
In this role you will:
- Develop and maintain overall strategy and standards for Food Services ministry.
- Oversee purchase and maintenance of kitchen food, equipment and supplies inventory.
- Train and supervise food service volunteers to assist in food preparation.
- Collaborate with ministries to recruit ministry area volunteers.
- Work alongside church ministries to determine future food service needs and ensure food services is a contributing part of overall church ministry.
- Oversee meal planning, meal preparation and service for scheduled events of varied sizes.
- Work with the Facilities Department in maintaining all kitchen equipment, keeping all equipment and supplies ready at all times and procuring equipment as needed.
- Ensure adherence to Health Canada food safety standards. This includes training and enforcing health regulations of staff and volunteers using the kitchen.
- Maintain high standards of cleanliness and sanitation in kitchen.
- Serve as primary contact for professional caterers.
- Prepare monthly reporting and billing.
- Develop and monitor finances and budget.
- Perform administrative tasks for ministry area.
- Other assignments as mutually agreed upon.
What you’ll need to thrive in this role:
- Alignment with Beulah's mission and vision to see the church reach, teach, and equip people to know, love, and serve Jesus.
- Understanding of church ministry and church functions.
- Highly relational and able to coach staff in an Eph. 4:12 ministry environment.
- Professional experience in food service and preparation, menu-planning and kitchen operations; for meals serving between 10 and 500 people.
- Experience with managing volunteers or paid staff and the ability to recruit, equip and mobilize volunteers.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to quickly problem solve while reflecting Christ and Beulah’s culture.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, prepare, serve and clean up after events.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement projects.
- 3 years work experience in related field of employment.
- Training from an accredited culinary school/program preferred.
- Must have a valid drivers license and availability to a vehicle.
- An understanding of Health Canada's food safety standards.
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends. May also need to be available on call.
- Able to safely lift 50 pounds.
- Walking mobility and ability to stand for up to 8 hours (with breaks).
- Primary spiritual gifts: helps, hospitality and leadership.
Desired Start Date: As soon as possible. Specific date to be determined with the successful candidate.
Think you’re a great fit for this job? If you believe that God may be calling you to this position please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls please.