President – Focus on the Family Canada
At Focus on the Family Canada, we know that when families are equipped with practical advice grounded in Biblical truths, they can thrive. That’s why we’re committed to helping Canadians nurture, protect and invest in their families so they can thrive – even in the messy brokenness of our world. When families are strong, they leave a valuable imprint on society for generations to come.
Focus on the Family Canada is seeking a President who is passionate about strengthening, encouraging and equipping Canadian families. The President will provide oversight and strategic leadership by ensuring that the staff and programs advance the mission and vision of the organization, provides visionary leadership and is responsible for the health and performance of Focus Canada, the success of its operations, and strategic planning.
Since 1983, Focus on the Family Canada has offered help and encouragement to millions of families as they build their lives on the foundation of Jesus Christ. As a charitable organization, we are committed to strengthening Canadian families through trusted, Biblically based resources and programs, personal counselling, prayerful support, and much more. We aim to be the place Canadian families turn to for trusted help and encouragement!
WHO WE ARE
In addition to Focus on the Family Canada, there are 12 associate offices established around the world. Together with these global ministry partners, Focus on the Family provides programs and services to strengthen families in 60 different countries with the radio broadcast reaching 120 nations!
To strengthen Canadian families through education and support based on Christian principles.
To see every family transformed by love, vibrant in faith and enduring in hope.
OUR MINISTRY FOCUS
We believe that every family has the potential to thrive. And we want to see our nation transformed by families that have been strengthened and redeemed. That’s why we provide families with consistent encouragement and practical help in four key areas:
Marriage is the foundation of a thriving family, but it isn’t always easy. We want to equip couples to overcome life’s challenges and have a fulfilling relationship that lasts a lifetime.
Parenting is rewarding but immensely challenging. We want to come alongside parents with practical advice and Biblical guidance to help them face the unique challenges of raising children and passing on their faith.
Faith & Culture
Many Christians are struggling to apply their faith in a culture where Christianity is deemed irrelevant and even misguided. We want to inspire and equip them to grow in their faith and influence the world around them.
Real families face real issues and these obstacles can seem insurmountable. We want to help families overcome these challenges by finding their hope in God and giving them sound advice to navigate these difficult times.
THE ROLE DESCRIPTION
Mandate of the Position
The President reports to the Board of Directors and is responsible for the overall executive leadership of Focus on the Family Canada (“Focus Canada”) in the fulfillment of its mission, vision, and key objectives.
The President provides visionary leadership and is responsible for the health and performance of Focus Canada, the success of its operations, and strategic planning.
- Models servant leadership to all engaged in Focus Canada activities, demonstrating integrity and accountability both professionally and personally.
- Provides overall strategic leadership for the organization; facilitates the implementation of the strategic plan as approved by the Board of Directors.
- Demonstrates passion for the role and compassion for those Focus Canada serves.
- Reports regularly to the Board on the organization’s overall health - including threats and opportunities - that may affect or improve its ability to meet strategic and operational objectives.
- Ensures all legal requirements of Focus Canada as a charitable organization are met. Mitigates risks by ensuring required policies and practices are in place, communicated, and applied.
- Develops and manages the organization’s budget and ensures Focus Canada is consistently operating within its means.
- Ensures fundraising processes are in place alongside other revenue generation mechanisms. Responsible for the maintenance and growth of the annual revenue of the organization.
- Ensures excellent communication and cooperation is maintained between Focus on the Family Canada and Focus on the Family USA in the fulfillment of the above objectives.
- Serves as the “face” of the organization, positively representing Focus Canada to donors, government agencies, staff, volunteers, and all stakeholders.
- Builds a strong leadership team.
- Encourages and facilitates professional growth and development of all members of the Focus Canada staff and creates a positive work culture.
- Demonstrates ethics and integrity.
- Strategic and innovative thinking.
- Servant leadership.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills; a relationship-builder, people person with conflict resolution and coaching skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to make clear and engaging presentations one-on-one and to large audiences in a variety of mediums.
- Team-orientated, bringing out the best in others, stewarding God’s resources.
- Accountable and dependable.
- Decision-maker, demonstrates sound judgement; a problem-solver.
- Project management skills; planning and organizing.
- Sound understanding of risk management
- Knowledge of fiscal management and responsibility
Specific Position Requirements:
- A personal commitment to Jesus Christ and a willingness to adhere to and sign without reservation the Focus on the Family Canada Christian Foundations and Standards document, affirming the biblical view of family.
- Ability to relate to and empathize with those Focus Canada serves; as well as a caring and compassionate approach to staff and stakeholders.
- A “get it done” attitude that will work through barriers towards the fulfillment of Focus Canada’s mission and vision.
- Willingness to travel with anticipation of up to 12-15 weeks of travel each year.
Experience & Education:
- A post-secondary degree. A post-graduate degree, professional designation preferred.
- Minimum of 7-10 years senior leadership experience, including excellent fiscal management of multi-million budgets.
- Proven understanding of and ability to lead transformational change.
- Fundraising experience preferred.
Location: Langley, BC
Application Deadline: March 5, 2021
Start Date: TBD
To start a confidential inquiry or to apply, please contact Mark Kraft at email@example.com
To obtain a complete Opportunity Profile, please visit our website
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. is an executive search firm specializing in the recruitment of executive management and fundraising personnel in the charitable sector. We work with a diverse group of not-for-profit organizations through the connection of colleagues in Vancouver, Calgary, Winnipeg, and Toronto.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.