Medical Ministry International is an opportunity to serve Jesus Christ by providing spiritual and compassionate health care in this world of need. Operating as a registered charitable organization in Canada, Medical Ministry International works alongside international partners to deliver vision, surgical, dental, physiotherapy, audiology, and primary care to patients in nineteen developing countries. In 2018, Medical Ministry International provided $24,823,359 of services on one and two-week projects and financially supported the local activities of health care centers and residency training programs.
Position: Senior Accountant, Maternity Leave Contract
Term: October 1, 2019 – November 15, 2020
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Senior Accountant is responsible for providing senior-level full cycle financial/accounting support for the organization with a current budget of $3 million.
Full-time office hours: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Prepare daily cash receipt summaries for Canadian and American donations, and enter daily in QuickBooks
- Prepare and code accounts payable cheques and enter all expense items including online payments in QuickBooks
- Code and enter all airfare invoices for project participants, and balance monthly to the credit card statement
- Prepare all journal entries for the monthly financial statements including investments, project income and accruals
- Reconcile monthly Canadian dollar and American dollar bank accounts
- Prepare monthly financial statement and reports for Executive Director and Treasurer review
- Reconcile monthly cash receipt amounts in QuickBooks to Neon CRM Software to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the accounting data, and the corresponding accuracy and completeness of the donation data in Neon CRM for tax receipts
- Oversee preparation of annual tax receipts, including Gift-in-Kind receipts
- Maintain the accuracy of the balance sheet and statement of operations, general ledger accounts for segregated and operational cash accounts
- Maintain filing systems for cash receipts, accounts payable, payroll and other documents
- Prepare bi-monthly payroll, journal entry and T4 slips for nine salary and hourly employees using Easypay Payroll Software
- Track vacation and sick time of salary and hourly staff
- Prepare and submit employee RRSP Contributions quarterly
- Process HST remittances
- Prepare year-end audit working papers and liaise with auditors
- Prepare and submit Registered Charity Information Returns
- Interact with and support volunteers. Respond to donor, volunteer, and international partner inquiries as needed. Maintain good customer relations and solve problems.
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to passionately support the mission of the organization.
- Post-secondary degree in Accounting, Finance or Business.
- 5 years of experience as a Senior Accountant or in a similar role and preferably in the not-for-profit/charity sector.
- Computer literate, including experience with Quick Books On-Line, and Microsoft Office, primarily Excel and Outlook at an advanced level.
- Ability to adapt to and learn new software
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently. High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts
- Able to work well under pressure and meet set deadlines
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures
- Attention to detail in all areas of work
- High level of personal integrity and strong work ethic
- Confident, consistent, decisive personality
- Criminal Reference Check required
- Ability to lift 50 pounds as needed is helpful
- Competitive salary based on education and experience ($50,000 - $55,000)
- 2 weeks of paid vacation
To apply: Email Cover Letter and Resume to: email@example.com