Communitas Supportive Care Society is a faith-based, registered charity providing care in communities across British Columbia to those living with disabilities. As a part of our mission, we provide services ranging from 24-hour residential care to skills-based day programs to respite care for families. At Communitas, we support and empower people of all abilities, from all walks of life, regardless of faith, social standing, race or ethnicity.
Chilliwack, Abbotsford, Aldergrove, Fort Langley
Residential Support Workers assist residents with developmental disabilities to live successfully in a residential group home setting. This position involves assisting with daily living skills such as cooking, cleaning, and light housekeeping. The position does require a moderate level of physical fitness. Some lifting/transferring of individuals served and assistance with personal care may be required. Full training is provided.
- Emergency First Aid Certificate with CPR
- Possession of a valid class 5 BC drivers license (Must be willing to obtain a class 4 BC unrestricted drivers license within 3 months of hire)
- Community Support Worker certificate
- Experience supporting people with disabilities
- Self-Motivated Team Player
- Must love people and enjoy serving others
SALARY $18.15 - $20.16/hr
HOURS Shiftwork; Full-Time, Part-Time and Casual
CLOSING DATE Ongoing
START DATE ASAP
For a full job description and to apply, please visit CommunitasCare.com/Careers. In addition to completing an application, you may submit your resume and cover letter to Leslie Friesen, HR Recruitment Coordinator, Email: hr@CommunitasCare.com.