Digital Advertising Growth Specialist
Department: Digital Marketing & Experience (within Marketing & Digital Growth)
Location: Remote or Telecommuting
Salary: TBD + Benefits
Deadline for resumes: October 6, 2023
Please note, we will accommodate the needs of persons with disabilities in our hiring process. Should you require an accommodation during the hiring process or for this application, please contact Compassion Canada via email at email@example.com or call Human Resources at (519) 668-0224.
The Digital Advertising Growth Specialist will be at the forefront of shaping and executing strategies that expand digital reach, drive growth, and engage audiences. Collaborating closely with various segments of the Digital Marketing & Experience (DMX) department and external contractors, this role’s expertise will ensure the cohesive planning and impactful delivery of campaigns. The Digital Advertising Growth Specialist’s focus on growth through digital advertising will make a tangible difference in our organization.
Compassion Canada is a Christian organization, committed to being child-focused, Christ-centered, and church driven. As such, each employee of Compassion Canada shall:
- Agree with Compassion Canada’s core documents, including a Statement of Faith.
- Conduct themselves in a Christ-like manner at work and outside the workplace.
- Participate in regular Staff Gatherings which include spiritual practices like worship, Scripture reading, and prayer.
- Pray with staff or supporters when requested or deemed appropriate.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as a key liaison with external agencies while optimizing and scaling ads.
- Analyze performance data across owned media, social media, and other platforms to optimize ROI.
- Provide insights on paid ads performance, assess effectiveness of media strategy (in consult with internal and external partners), and recommend improvements to support growth objectives.
- Utilize Supermetrics to maintain and monitor DMX dashboards.
- Maintain internal campaign reporting.
- Lead reporting and analysis within the DMX team to provide actionable insights.
- Monitor and manage UTM parameters to ensure accurate tracking across campaigns and troubleshoot any related issues.
- Ensure alignment of ad creatives and landing pages.
- Provide support for ads trafficking across various channels.
- Collaborate with creative services to ensure ad creative alignment.
- Educate and support digital creator teams in the development of ads.
- Coordinate flight dates and renewals for advertising campaigns.
- Generate and send regular internal performance and budget reports to various DMX segments.
- Lead DMX testing initiatives and communicate opportunities and results across the team.
- Keep current on industry trends affecting owned media, social media, and the broader digital advertising landscape.
- Work closely with the Director of Digital Marketing & Experience, and all team members to meet collective goals.
- Assists the department/team with other duties as requested.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Keen attention to detail with experience in data analysis, with intermediate excel skills.
- Proficiency in Google Analytics, Google Ads, Google Tag Manager, and Campaign Manager.
- Experience in Asana (project management), Supermetrics, and Sprout or similar tools.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to integrate insights from a variety of data sources.
- Adept at utilizing innovative and creative strategies to reach specific target audiences.
- Willingness to approach media campaigns with rigour, proactiveness, and a testing mindset.
- Demonstrated strong verbal, written and visual communication skills.
- Self-directed with ability to work independently and collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Willing to give and receive constructive feedback on any project in development.
EXPERIENCE & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- At least two (2) years’ full-time experience working with strategies and plans for paid media including but not limited to search engine marketing, social media advertising, display, video, programmatic, connected TV, and other specializations.
- Solid understanding of digital advertising metrics and KPIs related to owned media, social media, and other digital channels.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field preferred.
- To be self-motivated, proactive, disciplined, and able to work with a minimum of supervision.
- Received: Director of Digital Marketing & Experience
- Given: None
The foregoing statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills.