- Department: Executive
- Reports to: Lead Pastor
- Direct Reports: Video Producer, Communications Manager, Digital Media Manager
As a member of the Executive Team, the Senior Director of Media & Communications (SDMC) will be responsible for developing, directing, executing and continually improving a comprehensive communications and social media strategy. This strategy will ensure that messaging remains consistent in brand, quality, tone and reflects the mission, vision and values (Shared Mandate) of The Peoples Church.
As the Senior Director Media & Communications (SDMC), you will:
- Indirectly lead a team of 10.
- Develop and execute a communication and media strategy that inspires engagement and activates an available audience of 4,000 local members. and stakeholders worldwide using story-telling, print, graphic, video, radio/podcasts etc.
- Participate with the Executive team and Board of Directors in charting the direction and voice of the organization.
- Approve press releases, articles, online communications and coordinate external media communications.
- Analyze markets and trends and conduct research to examine the effectiveness of our communication strategy.
Critical to the success in this role is the SDMC’s strength of strategic planning and demonstration of a high degree of leadership, flexibility and initiative.
- Analytical Thinking
- Decision Making
- Networking and Relationship Building
- Create and oversee the implementation of an overall strategy for media and communications with the goal of creating a strong, coherent voice/image of The Peoples Church.
- Manage the planning, execution and evaluation of all communications and media materials to ensure clear, effective communication and alignment with the Shared Mandate.
- Oversee the end to end delivery of projects and services related to the development of original content.
- As part of a team, execute campaigns that leverage content and build engagement with members.
- Oversee the social media activities and brand of the website.
- Responsible for maintaining and establishing strong relationships with external stakeholders, including members, partners and broadcasting licensees.
- Effectively manage resources and budgets for the media and communications department.
- Produce or oversee the production and maintenance of external media communications.
- Identify audiences and appropriate media formats for communications.
- Analyze the effectiveness of our communications strategy.
- Produce reports for internal analysis as needed and analyze return on investment (ROI) for all communications investments and activities.
- Responsible for overseeing the editorial direction, design, production and distribution of all publications
- Oversee all aspects of the ministry working through the managers of each department.
- Be responsible for maintaining the corporate culture within department.
- Will be responsible for performance management, coaching and career development of direct reporting staff.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
- Minimum 10 years of direct work experience in a communications or public relations capacity – senior experience preferred.
- 10+ years of of progressively responsible leadership experience.
- Thorough knowledge and support of the Shared Mandate of The Peoples Church.
- Proven ability to prepare and implement communications strategies in a variety of media.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must have a deep growing personal faith in Jesus Christ and agree with the Statement of Faith and Lifestyle Principles of The Peoples Church.
- Experience in strategic planning and execution.
- Highly effective skills in project management, prioritization, multi-tasking and time management.
- Ability to plan, organize and effectively present ideas and concepts to groups.
- Ability to assimilate information from a variety of sources.
- Knowledge of graphic design skills and an eye for aesthetics is an asset.
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
- This executive-level position will involve working extra hours as required. The role could involve occasional travel globally and within North America.
- Must lead and attend weekly staff devotions.
- Participate regularly in prayer for and with others.
- Must attend The Peoples Church
- Fast-paced environment
- As an employee, must complete a Vulnerable Sector Police Reference Check
Shared Mandate: The Peoples Church exists to grow the body of Christ, for God’s global mission. We envision a movement of gospel-centered, globally engaged Christians.
Interested In Applying to This Role? Please register as a job seeker with ChristianCharityJobs.ca to apply to this opportunity.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Peoples Church is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to an employment opportunity, please advise our HR representative of the accommodation measures, if required, which would enable you to be interviewed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.