Medical Ministry International is an opportunity to serve Jesus Christ by providing spiritual and compassionate health care in this world of need. Operating as a registered charitable organization in Canada, Medical Ministry International works alongside international partners to deliver vision, surgical, dental, physiotherapy, audiology, and primary care to patients in nineteen developing countries. In 2018, Medical Ministry International provided $24,823,359 of services on one and two-week projects and financially supported the local activities of health care centers and residency training programs.
Position: Communications Coordinator (Part-time)
One-year contract position reporting directly to the Executive Director and liaising with staff and Board of Directors as required, the Communications Coordinator will fulfill the mission and vision of the organization by effectively implementing the marketing and communications plan of the organization. Key responsibilities include increasing engagement of existing MMI supporters and increasing awareness of MMI to support donation revenue and volunteer recruitment.
Job Duties: Communications (85%)
- Responsible for understanding MMI’s strategic plans and how an individual’s role relates to the broader goals of the organization
- Responsible for working with the Executive Director to develop and implement an effective marketing and communications plan for Medical Ministry International by drafting and editing content (including written and design) for website, social media, newsletters, donor/program updates, fundraising appeals, event promotions, program brochures, proposals, videos, promotional items, etc while ensuring all promotional and marketing materials meet the company’s brand identity strategy
- Responsible to research and present compelling stories of ministry impact, including participation on project teams once per year, as able
- Responsible for monitoring the impact of communication campaigns and reporting findings to the Executive Director
- Responsible for creating and identifying improvements to work processes
- Responsible for ensuring that established goals are met within the established timeframes
- Responsible for representing the organization at promotional meetings opportunities with the goal to recruit participants and increase awareness of the organization
Job Duties: Organization: (15%)
- Responsible for actively participating as a team member on the Staff Team, Fundraising Team, and Communications Team to ensure that organizational objectives are met
- Conduct all interactions with MMI volunteers, staff, and international partners in a manner that supports MMI’s vision and mission, with a servant heart and biblical values.
- Provide assistance, a requested, at various significant organization events
- Relate well to a diverse group of people
Education & Experience
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in communications and/or design
- Past participation in international missions would be an asset
- Must be flexible, adaptable and able to work well with others
- Must be able to communicate effectively with staff, volunteers, and international partners
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines
- Must have excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills
- Must have excellent organizational skills and a proven ability to handle multiple tasks and to meet multiple organizational deadlines
- Must have Microsoft Office computer skills, including Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, and Adobe Creative Cloud, InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- One-year contract
- Office Hours: 20 hrs per week, additional hours may be available for promotional conferences
- Competitive salary based on education and experience at 50% time ($19,000-$20,000)
- 2 weeks of paid vacation
- Application will remain open until position is filled.
- Start date: Immediate
To apply: Email cover letter, resume, and portfolio of writing and design samples to firstname.lastname@example.org