1009 East Lake Blvd. Airdrie, Alberta T4A 1R3
Phone : 403-948-3821
Job Posting for Full Time Senior/Lead Pastor
Vision: The vision of Grace Baptist Church is to connect with God, connect with each other and connect to our community.
Mission: In accordance with the Great Commission recorded in Matthew 28:18-20, this church shall be committed to an outward focus by placing the needs of those who are not yet followers of Christ ahead of the needs of those who are. Our priority will be to train and equip our regular congregation to reach out to those who are new or outside the church. Thus the mission of this church is to make new disciples and welcome them into a congregation that is healthy and growing.
Grace Baptist Church, located in Airdrie, Alberta’s fastest growing city, is seeking a full-time Senior Pastor. We are a congregation with approximately 220-250 in average attendance with great potential for growth. Primary responsibilities include: communicator, evangelism, counselling, administration, visitation, community ministries and other responsibilities as required. This candidate will also be an engaging, biblical communicator who can relate to people of different ethnic, socio-economic, and generational backgrounds.
- Evidence of a biblical lifestyle and a growing faith in Jesus.
- To be in agreement with our statement of faith.
- Significant experience in and demonstrate proclivity toward servant leadership.
- Strong people skills and a team player.
- Preference may be given to those who have completed their Master of Divinity degree.
- Several years of senior pastoral ministry experience would be an asset.
- Commitment to serve within the church’s current denominational (Canadian National Baptist Convention) and interdenominational partnerships including Whispering Pines Bible Camp and various affiliated missionaries.
As Senior/Lead Pastor, the primary role will be to shepherd the congregation at Grace Baptist Church as the Bible states in Acts 20:28 and 1Peter 5:2.
- Serve as the spiritual leader of the church. Provide overall vision for the direction of the ministry.
- Serve as a leader by example in personal discipleship, stewardship, and evangelism.
- Establish personal rhythms for soul care: worship, work, rest and play.
- Spend an appropriate amount of time in study and prayer in preparation to serve as the church’s primary Bible teacher and preacher.
- Lead, disciple, oversee and conduct regular meetings with paid and volunteer staff.
- Offer Biblical counselling to the
- Collaborate with elders regarding ministry and implication of the mission and vision of Grace Baptist Church. Meet with the elders on a regular basis to report on the spiritual, organizational, and financial health of the church.
- Coordinate and assist in planning worship services. Lead the church to observe the Lord’s Supper and baptisms’. Conduct weddings and funerals as requested.
- Develop relationships with other churches and organizations in the community consistent with Grace Baptist Church’s mission and values.
Please send resume and references to: