Meadowvale East Apostolic Church
Job Title: Bookkeeper
Reports To: Pastor McGann and or Board of Directors
Position Status: Part-time days - Tues-Thurs 3-5 hours/day (9-15 hours per week)
Position Pay: $20.00/hour
Overview of Position: The Bookkeeper/Accountant is hired by Pastor McGann with the responsibility to maintain the Church’s financial records, including but not limited to: General Ledger, Payroll, Accounts Payable and Contributions for 3 set-of Books – Meadowvale East, Vaughan and 3 Budea Crescent
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
Accounts Payable/ Receivable
- Make related journal entries for weekly cash deposits after Admin input in Donarius (Contribution tracking software). This is an automated function with the Admin creating an Upload File from Donarius
- Monitor and maintain the cash flow.
- Enter and Process Bills for payment and maintain records in QuickBooks (Accounting Software) including check generation
General Accounting and Budgeting
- Assist the Church in preparing a yearly budget draft for review and adoption by the Board of Directors
- Keep accounts and funds current.
- Perform Bank Reconciliation on all Bank Accounts and investment accounts.
- Assist in maintaining and revising written accounting procedures in the areas of: cash processing, general ledger, accounts payable, payroll, and fiscal oversight.
- Perform other necessary and related work as may be assigned.
- Process payroll (every 2 weeks for hourly and 2 times per month for salary)
- Pay monthly payroll taxes, file quarterly and annual payroll returns, prepare end of year T4, T4A forms, and maintain records.
- Obtain and record pledges made during the annual stewardship drive.
- Reconcile contributions in General Ledger to Donarius on a monthly basis.
- Enter weekly contributions to general fund, building fund, special funds, and donor designated funds, that are not recoded in Donarius
- Prepare and send out annual giving reports to contributors using Donarius
- Keep confidential all financial contribution information.
Reports and Reconciliation
- Back up reports, as needed or required.
- Prepare monthly financial statements for the Pastor & Board of Director. This will typically include balance sheet, income statement, and monthly pledging trends; statements may also include financial activities related to a capital campaign or other special financial circumstances, as requested.
- Present financial records to the Treasurer to take to the Bishop’s Committee monthly meeting.
- Prepare year-end financial reports for annual meeting.
- Prepare for and cooperate with those appointed to perform audits of financials on an annual basis
Reconcile and Prepare annual filing of HST/GST Returns