Title: : Finance Manager
Ministry : Global Aid Network (GAiN)
Location : Langley HQ
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Position type: Full-time salaried (40 hours/week)
Global Aid Network Canada (GAiN) is a worldwide humanitarian relief and development organization dedicated to relieving suffering, restoring dignity, and revealing hope to people living in the some of the toughest places on earth.
Restoring Lives: GAiN’s passion is to ease the challenging living situations that people experience in everyday life in developing countries by providing them with the tools and resources they require.
Revealing Hope: GAiN aspires to not only bring tangible humanitarian aid to people living in difficult situations, but to also see them come to faith in Jesus Christ and share it with others. Employing a discipleship and church planting strategy in tandem following the gift of clean water, critical aid and sustainable development, GAiN seeks to embrace people with the love of God, to let them know they are of value and significance, and to restore their dignity.
Power to Change (P2C) helps people know Jesus and experience His power to change the world.
The Finance Manager will have a heart for compassionate activity and humanitarian work and a skill set in maintaining accurate financial reporting and analyzing trends. This role will serve GAiN across core strategies, including the Water for Life initiative (WFLI) and the JESUS Film Church Planting Strategy (JFCPS). Through a cross strategy scope, the Finance Manager will administer agency agreements and international transactions as well as analyze spending patterns and manage the field financial reporting for GAiN’s field activities.
About the Role
In this role, you will be responsible to achieve the following objectives:
- Monthly field financial reporting is on time, accurate and captured in records appropriately
- Field financial reports sent are accurate and complete
- Spending patterns are analyzed and field financial compliance is monitored
- Field payroll is monitored for changes and discrepancies are reported to appropriate Manager
- Agency Agreements with international partners are administered
- GAiN’s overall financial activity is monitored
- Generate weekly, monthly and quarterly reports for Management
- Provide detailed analysis on revenues and expenses to Management
- Assist with budget projections and tracking throughout the fiscal year
- Additional finance support and tasks as
- You have a deep, growing, intimate relationship with Jesus Christ
- You have a genuine desire to see people’s lives transformed by Jesus
- You enjoy working in a collaborative team setting but can focus attention on a detailed task
- You are able to work cross culturally and communicate effectively in a variety of settings
- You have excellent written and verbal skills
- You are organized and detail oriented, able to track goals, details and data
- You are able to prioritize your time and handle competing priorities
- You are proficient in Microsoft programs (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) as well as with the Google Suite (email, calendar etc.)
Education and Experience
- Minimum 5 years combination of education and experience, with work experience taking place in a medium-sized organization
- Undergraduate degree majoring in Accounting or working towards an Accounting designation
- Job or comparable experience in the international development space is an asset
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP and Quickbooks an asset
What We Offer Our Staff
- Employer-paid extended health and dental benefits (25+hours)
- Group RRSP contribution options with up to 2.5% matching after 1 year of employment
- Access to our Employment Assistant Program (EAP)
- Mentorship opportunities
- Weekly Chapel services
- Semi-annual Day of Prayer participation
- Discounts at our P2C Store
We thank all applicants for their interest in Power to Change; however, only candidates who closely match the requirements will be contacted directly. Power to Change requires that all staff have a pre-existing belief and demonstration of lifestyle as outlined in the P2C Code of Conduct and Statement of Faith and abide by the biblical principles outlined in these documents.
Candidates who are selected may be required to complete a background check.