Sponsorship Coordinator - Watoto Canada
Industry: Not-for-Profit & Charitable Organization
Position Type: Full Time – 37.5 hours/week (12 Month Contract)
Location: Hybrid – 3214 South Service Road, Burlington, Ontario (subject to changes)
Salary: Compensation commensurate with skills and experience
Start Date: November 13, 2023 (TBC)
Reports To: Operations Manager
Work Hours: Core hours 8:00am- 4:00pm; Monday to Friday
Watoto Canada is a registered Charity that raises funds to care for over 3,000 orphaned and vulnerable children and women in Uganda and South Sudan, Africa. The children in our care are rescued as orphans by social workers, nurtured and cared for by loving mothers in a family setting, educated by teachers, healed physically and emotionally by caring doctors and counsellors, spiritually discipled by pastors, and supported by generous sponsors and friends from around the world. Watoto’s mission is to rescue a life, raise that individual to be a leader, so that they can rebuild their nations of Uganda and South Sudan.
Main Job Purpose
Responsible for the coordination of sponsorship and all related tasks and activities under the direction of the Director of Operations.
- Contact sponsors/donors for updated information via telephone and email; Provide sponsorship information and materials to sponsors
- Issue profiles and sponsorship welcome packets to new sponsors.
- Ensure sponsorship payment options are up to date and accurate by working with the Finance Department.
- Maintains a monthly report of new sponsorships, cancellations, reassignments, and other updates.
- Updates sponsorship information as required and continually provides information to other departments about new sponsorships, cancellations, address changes, and other important sponsor information to ensure accurate information is maintained in all databases and spreadsheets used by Watoto Canada.
- Responsible for correspondence with sponsors, which includes the following activities
- Re-assign sponsors when children or house mothers leave the program.
- Send out new reassignment letters and profiles to sponsors who have chosen to continue with support once their beneficiary leaves the program.
- Follow-up on delinquent credit card payments, EFT and those making annual payments
- Follow up with sponsors/donors via telephone and email to update their upcoming expiring credit cards, declined credit cards or missed payments
- Maintain an inventory of sponsorship profiles on the web, the choir portal and for events.
- A strong focus on maintaining confidentiality.
- Perform additional tasks as requested.
- Work with Choir leader during choir tour to arrange for sponsors to meet with their sponsored children while they are touring on choir.
- Manage number of profiles sent out with choir and send more as needed.
- Assist with Annual Update Mailout completed each spring
- Assist Country Director and Finance Director with reviewing budget.
- Prepare sponsorship goals (with choir) in conjunction with the Finance Director, Country Director,Choir Tour Co-ordinator and the Uganda Sponsorship Team
Qualifications, Experience, and Skills/Abilities Required for Position
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Experience in a sponsorship role would be an asset.
- Administrative experience is required.
- Proficient experience using Excel, and Word (mail merge).
- Previous database experience is preferred.
- Experience in using Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge or another finance software an asset
- Ability to generate reports and work with the Canadian Communications and Development Department as they pursue new campaigns and initiatives.
- Very detail oriented and attention to accuracy.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Recognize the importance of meeting deadlines.
- Efficient and motivated.
- Must be able to delegate tasks as required and to also take direction.
- Understanding of the nature of and the importance of confidentiality.
- Ability to travel occasionally across Canada and Uganda.
How to Apply
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com by Monday, September 11th, 2023 and include “Sponsorship Coordinator Position” in the subject heading of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Thank you.