Position Title: Director of Marketing and Development
Reports To: The Executive Director
Position Summary: This position works closely with the Executive Director to develop and support the goals for Mercy Canada and to build quality relationships with, individuals, businesses and ministry organizations. The Director of Marketing & Development is responsible for developing and implementing our annual fund development plan along with the Executive Director. This Strategy includes, but is not limited to, supporter acquisition and retention. Engagement through Events, Media & Communications. This position will manage our donor information system, plan annual and special events, oversee contracted services relating to Events and Media, develop and supervise a volunteer team to help with implementing plans and events.
- An undergrad degree in a relevant field, experience in business development, sales and marketing or public relations is required
- Drivers abstract
- Criminal record check
This position requires an individual, who is passionate about the vision of Mercy Canada, has exceptional interpersonal skills, both written and verbal. This individual will be flexible, a team player and able to multi task. The right individual will excel in creativity and thinking outside of the box.
Thorough knowledge of Mercy Canada Mission, Vision and Values. Knowledge of best practices in social media, ethical fundraising and Mercy Canada related policies/procedures
Develop and implement a Fundraising strategy along with the Executive Director. The Fundraising strategy will be based on anticipated revenue needs and will be reviewed with the Executive Director quarterly. This strategy encompasses Treasure Builders, key donors, church partnerships and volunteer program oversight.
- Support the Executive Director in the execution of key priorities and goals.
- Responsible for working with the Community board to deploy them in key development opportunities
- Researches opportunities to showcase Mercy in the community, recruits and develops new connections.
- Manage Data base, ongoing analysis of donors
- Develop system to move donors through P.E.O. (participation, engagement and ownership) process.
- Review, update Monthly Actives Calendar
- Event planning and oversight:
- Oversees, implements/delegates all fundraising and awareness events (5K run for Mercy, Galas, Luncheons and home tours etc.)
- Responsible for conducting events within budgeted amounts
- Reviews events after completion, completes ROI to determine effectiveness of fundraising effort
- Social/digital Media - maximize use of social media to increase public recognition of Mercy Canada as a national organization and increase support.
- Create/execute newsletters, e blasts to maximize awareness and development opportunities
- Write/coordinate direct mail campaigns
- Liaise with Website Consultant to ensure website is optimized and remains up to date according to best practices
- Consult, as needed, with MMI Director of Development to ensure consistency with all communication, branding and development.
- Supervise, direct, coordinate contracted event or media individuals to ensure we are meeting our targets.
- Supervise a volunteer team to help with implementing plans and events.
- Provide one to one meetings as needed.
- Address problem areas as they arise
- Deliver strategy, training and encouragement to the Marketing team
Other duties may be required when deemed necessary by your supervisor