Are you interested in joining our team in this exciting and re-energized adventure providing people with access to God’s Word? The Canadian Bible Society (CBS) is looking for a dedicated and sharp Executive Assistant who will work directly supporting the National Director, the Board of Governors (BoG), and work collaboratively with the Senior Management Team (SMT), Regional Councils/District Boards and others.
Supporting the National Director with administrative responsibilities such organizing email and calendar, booking meetings, travel and handling correspondence and phone calls;
- Supporting the BoG with travel, agendas, meeting minutes, storing and filing of documentation and the proactive follow up and distribution of information;
- Professionally represent the CBS and executive office by greeting and welcoming visitors;
- Coordinating with various external stakeholders such as contractors, travel agents and vendors;
- Proactively assess and manage the flow of information related to the executive office;
- Provide back-up Receptionist relief and support other administrative functions as required from time to time;
- Coordinate and assist with the social functions and office related events;
- Manage budgets and expenses associated with the executive office and plan accordingly;
- Five (5) or more years of demonstrated successful executive level experience preferably in a non-profit environment supporting a CEO or Executive Director & Board of Governors;
- Demonstrated successful experience managing multiple projects and events knowing how to prioritize;
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office including Power Point;
- Experience working with budgets and planning;
- Experience booking travel including overseas;
- Experience working with multiple departments and individuals and successfully handling situations and information with confidentiality and diplomacy;
- College or university certificate or degree in business management, business administration or equivalent;
- Superior communicator (written and verbal). Bilingual in French is preferred.
What does the Canadian Bible Society Do?
We are an interdenominational organization partnering with individuals, churches, and religious organizations who similarly believe that God’s Word changes hearts and lives. Whether in support of Canada’s latest incoming refugees or those affected by human trafficking in partnering countries, we continue to proudly contribute to the spiritual development of the people we reach, both in Canada and overseas. As we celebrate 110 years of ministry in Canada and abroad, the Canadian Bible Society (CBS), is uniquely poised to fulfill its mission to translate, publish, distribute, and encourage engagement with the Christian Scriptures.
Join our growing team at this exciting time! Please forward your CV along with a cover letter detailing your interest in this position and the Canadian Bible Society, to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 8th 2019.
Qualified candidates must be able to demonstrate a commitment to the core values and mission of the CBS. All offers of employment will be conditional upon the successful completion of reference checks, credit check and Police background check.