JOB OPPORTUNITY: MANAGER, KNOWLEDGE AND PUBLICATIONS
ARE YOU THE ONE WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR?
Are you a visionary and dynamic information and knowledge management professional who is passionate about using your creative and entrepreneurial skills to serve Jesus Christ and benefit thousands of Christian ministries across Canada? Do you love the challenge of organizing and structuring up-to-date information resources in an accessible and logical format and using creative channels to deliver the information? If so, our growing Christian ministry has an opportunity that you may be interested in!
WOULD YOU ENJOY DOING THIS WORK?
In this newly created full time position you’d be part of a fast-paced, creative and collaborative team that helps Christian charities be exemplary, healthy, and effective. In particular, you’d be responsible for…
- Creating and maintaining the CCCC Member Resource Knowledge Bank: Working with a consultant, you will create a new knowledge bank and knowledge governance system for CCCC that will be a leading-edge resource for our members. You will then manage it to maximize its value to CCCC and its members. You will use innovative tools and resources to ensure the knowledge bank is up-to-date and contains leading edge charity-related information in an organized and user-friendly format. You will manage the creation of new tutorials using video and other media.
- Identifying and Managing Opportunities to Create and Add New Material to the Knowledge Bank: You will work with other staff to identify, develop and integrate new information resources (including on-line content, books, and other publications) that will leverage the knowledge bank’s content, making it available in different formats across multiple channels.
- Sharing Knowledge: As opportunities arise, you may write articles, facilitate workshops and webinars, and speak at conferences.
- Participating on Project Teams: You will provide input and expertise, from a knowledge management perspective, on various projects.
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT WILL BE …
- Visionary and Creative
You have a strong entrepreneurial approach to your work and are creative in leveraging new channels to distribute knowledge.
- Passionate About Organizing Information
You have a strong track record of structuring and organizing information in logical and user-friendly formats to maximize the benefit for end-users.
- Skilled at Using Technology
You excel at leveraging different forms of technology (e.g., websites, databases and other software) to organize large amounts of information and make it readily accessible to users.
- An Excellent Communicator
You have excellent written and verbal communication skills as demonstrated by effective blog posts, articles or other written pieces.
- A Competent Project Manager
You work best in a collaborative team environment and can take the lead or participate on project teams as needed. You have superior organizational, time management, and multi-tasking skills and build strong working relationships with others.
- Adept at Learning on the Fly
You quickly grasp the essence and the underlying structure of things and are good at learning a new industry, company, or technical knowledge.
- Collaborative and Innovative
You love working within a collaborative and innovative team and have a proven track record of building strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Undergraduate degree in Information Management, Library Science, or a related field (equivalencies will be considered)
- Minimum five (5) years’ knowledge or publication management experience
- Above-average communication skills (written and verbal)
- Demonstrated ability to write articles and web content as well as the ability to speak at seminars and conferences.
- Solid Computer skills (including word-processing, spreadsheets, database, and web-related software)
- Experience working with Christian charities (e.g., as an employee, volunteer, professional service provider, or board member).
- Excellent research, project management, and social media skills
This position is based at CCCC’s office in Elmira, Ontario.
INTERESTED IN APPLYING TO THIS ROLE?
If you are interested in applying to this opportunity, please register as a job seeker with ChristianCharityJobs.
Applications will be accepted until Monday September 30, 2019.
As a Christian ministry, CCCC is committed to improving accessibility and removing barriers for applicants with disabilities to participate in our recruitment process. Accommodation is available, upon request, for the interview process and any other candidate selection methods that may be used.