For nearly 40 years, Redeemer University has stood out across Canada for its commitment to a Christian undergraduate liberal arts and sciences education that develops the whole person. Rooted in a Reformed Biblical worldview, and including a diverse community representing over 50 Christian denominations, Redeemer seeks to answer the fundamental questions about where we fit into God’s story while it prepares students to engage in society’s biggest challenges. A rigorous academic program with an interdisciplinary core is supported by a vibrant community characterized by caring discipleship. The result is an enriching and transformational educational experience integrating faith, learning and service.
Redeemer offers 34 majors and streams that lead to either a Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Education or Bachelor of Business Administration degree. Redeemer currently serves nearly 1000 students and its faculty are engaged in teaching, service to the community, and research, some of which is supported in part by the Natural Sciences & Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC), the Social Sciences & Humanities Research Council of Canada (SSHRC), and other funding agencies and donors.
A privately funded and publicly chartered institution, Redeemer offers excellent Christ-centred undergraduate teaching, strong investments in research, rich student-faculty interaction, and unique opportunities for experiential and holistic learning. As a member of Universities Canada, Redeemer produces graduates who are accepted into graduate programs across the continent and beyond. In recent national surveys, Redeemer students have ranked the school as one of the top universities in Canada for overall student satisfaction, especially for providing a nurturing and challenging academic environment along with its warm on-campus community.
Located on a beautiful 86-acre campus in Hamilton, Ontario, Redeemer operates under a charter from the Government of Ontario and is a member of Universities Canada (UC), the Council for Christian Colleges and Universities (CCCU), and the Canadian Council of Christian Charities (CCCC).
The Accounts Receivable Supervisor (ARS) is responsible for student account billing and receivables, Campus Services & Sports Complex billing and receivables and outstanding account receivables.
- Communicate with, advise students and maintain web page, regarding account payment requirements
- Process account billings and communicate with various departments (i.e. Registrar, Student Life, Financial Aid, Campus Services) related to student accounts
- Receive and post payments and deposits to all AR types; process refunds
- Process finance charges and work with collection agency
- Analyze and prepare monthly reconciliations for accounts, deposits and student insurance
- Prepare rent receipts and assist in preparation of tax receipts (T2202 and T4A)
Preferred Skills and Attributes:
- Demonstrated Customer Service orientation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and ability to learn several other software applications
- Effective time management, in order to meet multiple deadlines
- Understanding of, and commitment to Redeemer University (mission, values, and Reformed Christian identity)
- College diploma or University degree (Business/Accounting) and prior work experience with accounts receivables
Position Reports to: Assistant Director, Financial Services
Submit Applications to: HR@redeemer.ca (please quote Position Title in Subject line)
Expiry Date: SEPTEMBER 19, 2021
Applicants are requested to email their application materials (cover letter, resume, and statement of faith) in one combined pdf document. The statement of faith should articulate your faith perspective and its relation to the mission of Redeemer University. A range of qualifications are evaluated including distinguishing characteristics that demonstrate congruence with our identity as a university in the Protestant and Reformed Christian tradition. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.