Hello! We are Centre Street Church, committed to making an impact peoples life’s, our communities and in the world. How do we do that? By leading people to Jesus and helping them become fully devoted followers of Christ. That's the driving purpose behind everything we do.
Though we are a large church, at our core we are a network of small communities. These small communities function as extended families that support and challenge one another through discipleship. All of these communities networked together make us united as one large church with 5 campuses.
We are looking for a Payroll Specialist to join our team on a part-time (approximately 8 hours per week) contract basis immediately. Independent payroll contractors are welcome to apply!
The Payroll Specialist will be responsible for full-cycle semi-monthly payroll processing and reporting.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Semi-monthly payroll processing and reporting
- Ensuring compliance with all legislative requirements
- Working closely with Finance and HR
- Troubleshooting system issues
- Setting up new employees and changes in employment
- Conduct spot payroll audits
- Perform reconciliations
- Work closely with external auditors as required
The Successful Candidate Will:
- achieved their Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) designation
- have at least five years payroll processing and reporting experience
- be experienced in Avanti payroll software
- be proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- understand how to troubleshoot system issues
- know how to set up employee profiles and make required changes in employee profiles in the payroll system
- understand payroll/HRIS system implementation principles
- possess strong analytical and problem solving skills
- be passionate about the details while understanding the big picture and how those details fit into it
- be available immediately
- have a strong work ethic, able to maintain confidentiality and be ready to jump in with both feet.