Lutheran Church–Canada (LCC) is seeking a Communications Director to provide leadership and guidance in the ever-changing communication landscape. Reporting to the National President and as a member of the executive team the Communications Director will be responsible for effective communication to LCC’s constituencies, in all media.
- Manage all aspects of LCC’s communication
- Develop new communication strategies and resources
- Work with the editor to create and maintain canadianlutheran.ca and The Canadian Lutheran print magazine
- Responsibility for InfoDigest and DoorPosts e-newsletters
- Supervision of LCC’s web and social media presence
- Representing LCC to non-church media
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to adapt writing to reach various audiences. Degrees in communications, journalism, English, or other writing-heavy programs will be considered an asset, as will previous work experience in communications, editorial, and marketing.
- Knowledge and experience working in public relations.
- Excellent computer skills with an adaptability to learn new programs as necessary.
- Photo-editing knowledge (experience with Adobe Photoshop will be considered an asset).
- Graphic design and layout skills, with a focus on desktop publishing (experience with Adobe InDesign will be considered an asset).
- Website design and content management skills (experience with Wordpress will be considered an asset).
- Social media management skills.
- Photography and videography skills would be an asset.
- An understanding of the theology of a conservative confessional Lutheran and knowledge of the particular structure of Lutheran Church–Canada will be considered an asset.
For a more detailed job description or to apply for this position contact Iris Barta: email@example.com 204-895-3433 ext. 253