The Evangelical Free Church of Canada home office is a faith-based, registered charity collaborating with approximately 150 Canadian churches to support gospel-centered philanthropy in Canada and internationally through local congregations and the presence of roughly 100 missionaries in 20 countries around the world.
The EFCCM Director will provide direction, oversight, and support to all EFCC International ministries to facilitate the implementation of the vision and the fulfillment of the mission of the EFCC.
The Director of the EFCCM shall be accountable to the Executive Director of EFCC.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
1. Personal Development
Continue to grow and mature in servant leadership, commitment, faithfulness, humility and zeal for Jesus and global missions.
2. Ministry Leadership and Management
a. Develop and implement the vision and strategic plan of the EFCCM and organize the relevant leadership structure accordingly.
b. Give visionary leadership in planning the development of existing fields, and new fields with appropriate strategies.
c. Give leadership to the administrative operations of the EFCCM.
d. Oversee and monitor the development and implementation of operational plans, policies, and goals to achieve strategic objectives
e. Foster healthy cooperation and communication between all parts of EFCCM
f. Ensure compliance to all government legislation, regulations, and guidelines pertinent to the organization’s role as a charitable organization.
3. Team and Missionary Development
a. Oversee the EFCCM staff, effectively building teams and leaders.
b. Ensure that appropriate member care is implemented and provided to all EFCCM missionaries.
c. Ensure that appropriate and effective practices are in place to recruit the best possible missionary candidates for EFCCM.
d. Ensure that appropriate missionary training requirements and orientation are in place and implemented for new missionaries for ministry e ffectiveness.
e. Ensure the continual integral development and growth of missionaries and leaders of EFCCM.
4. Resource Development
a. Lead in the establishment of strategic partners and the acquisition of needed resources for the ministries of EFCCM for long-term sustainability.
b. Give leadership in the stewardship of EFCCM resources.
- A committed member of an EFCC local church
- Preferably, credentialed, or willing to be credentialed with EFCC
- Preferably completed at least a master’s level education in theology and missiology
- A life-long learner
- Strong commitment to Jesus and God’s Word
- Has a strong global mission vision and growing in intercultural competencies
- Committed Christian who understands the EFCC culture
- Committed to the vision, purpose, values, and goals of EFCCM.
- Ability to disciple, train, and coach missionaries and leaders of EFCCM.
- Committed servant leader who exhibits inspiration, authenticity, generosity, and humility through an engaging and shepherding style of leadership
- Able to work with and to develop healthy team leadership
- Ability to cast a compelling vision and execute strategic operations
- Organizational and strategic leadership gifts and management skills
Related Work Experience:
- Missionary experience living overseas in cross-cultural ministry context
- Managing staff teams and projects
- Mission leadership at a senior level of a mission organization
POSITION: Full Time – 40 hours per week
CLOSING DATE: October 31, 2021
For a full job description and to apply, please visit https://www.efccm.ca/wordpress/serve/ . Please email your cover letter and resume to Bill Taylor, Executive Director at email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.