We’re looking for someone who has a desire to see the gospel shared here in Canada and around the world. The IT Service and Support Technician will be an instrumental team member for ShareWord Global’s web and IT functions. You will be a primary point-person responsible for providing technical support for the organization.
ShareWord Global (SWG) is a 110-year-old ministry committed to engaging the global Church to do one simple thing: GO! You may have known us previously as The Gideons International In Canada. Our mission is to ignite and fuel a passion in people’s hearts to share the gospel—training and equipping them, as a community of believers, to effectively introduce people to Jesus through God’s Word. SWG fuels the movement to “GO!” and reach more people with the gospel through relational evangelism and training, innovative Scripture resources, and by partnering with local churches worldwide.
Reports to: Web & IT Manager
Term: Full time
Location: Hybrid home and office (office is located in Guelph, ON)
- Serve as the first point of contact, managing submitted tickets / requests, issue triage, escalation, and resolution in a timely manner.
- Provide ongoing hardware support for computers, phones, servers, networking equipment, printers, and other related peripherals.
- Provide ongoing software and system support for Office 365, Google services, Adobe, Raiser’s Edge, VPN, email, end-user web applications, etc.
- Provide documentation on common system uses / issues and providing end-users with appropriate knowledge base (KB) references.
- Assists in the identification and deployments of appropriate technology resources that will support the entity’s goals and objectives.
- Assist in implementation of IT policies, procedures, and best practices, and train employees on same.
- Responsible for web and system testing as required.
- Acceptable combination of education and relevant experience required (Diploma or Degree in computer science is an asset).
- Intermediate overall knowledge of networking, operating systems, and system / server architectures.
- Strong customer service and troubleshooting skills.
- Effective coordinator who is agile in task prioritization.
- Intermediate knowledge of web design/application principles and tools.
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff and with customers.
- Strong analytical, logic/problem solving, execution, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Familiarity with the deployment and administration of website CMS frameworks such as Joomla and WordPress are an asset.
- Knowledge of non-profit sector and/or Blackbaud products is an asset.
- Adapt quickly to change.
ShareWord Global is an evangelical Christian ministry, dedicated to sharing the Word of God with the world. As a Christian evangelical ministry, candidates must be able to demonstrate a personal commitment to Jesus Christ, identify with the Mission Statement of Faith and the mission of ShareWord Global.
We offer a competitive compensation package and benefits.
TO APPLY CLICK HERE