Start Date: February 2020
Time Commitment: Full-Time, Temporary (12 months, Possibility of extension)
Location: Bible League Canada- 399 Main Street W, Grimsby, ON
Overview of the Organization:
For over 50 years, Bible League Canada has been committed to doing missions differently. How? By strategically building extraordinary international partnerships with national ministries in over 40 countries, equipping local believers through Bible-centric discipleship programs to become champions for the Gospel, committed to reaching their own communities with the Living Word of God.
Bible League Canada diligently tracks each copy of God’s Word placed, connecting Canadian donor champions with global champions to see maximum impact and multiplying transformation.
Reporting to the Donor Relations Manager, the Donor Relations Associate (Full-Time, Temporary) will play a primary role in the ministry’s telephone strategy as part of our Donor Cultivation framework. Working on site at Bible League Canada’s Grimsby office, the incumbent will contact identified donors for the purpose of engaging and cultivating their relationship with BLC. In pursuit of service excellence, the incumbent will ensure that every person contacted feels appreciated and that their support is valued and is producing results. The incumbent should be comfortable working in a fast paced environment and interacting with donors effectively and diplomatically.
- Thank You Calls: Thank all donors by phone for gifts received.
- Current Donor Caseload Calls:
- Understanding all current donor events, appeals and outreach activities and leveraging these opportunities when speaking with donors.
- Thanking donors for gifts received.
- Making quarterly touchpoints within the goals agreed upon with your team leader.
- Being active in developing and considering new and creative means of relationship building for the purpose of increased ministry.
- Presenting opportunities and asking donors to partner at a higher level and/or more frequently.
- Inputting all activities with donors into database.
- Campaign Calls: Connect with donors through various call campaigns as needed.
- Match Opportunities
- Day of Prayer
- Monthly Donor Requests/Upgrades
- Support: Provide primary back up support for team members as needed. Additional administrative responsibilities may be added in consultation with and at the discretion of your supervisor.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience and a proven track record in donor cultivation, service and/or sales.
- Telecommunication experience is a definite asset.
- Experience in a not-for-profit organization would be an asset but not essential.
- Education should include at least some College level courses appropriate to the position. Sales and relational customer service training are a definite asset.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- The ability to elicit information through skilled questioning/interviewing (training and scripts will be provided).
- Ability to spend extended periods communicating via telephone.
- Ability to adapt your approach to communication with donors to match the conversation’s tone, direction and purpose.
- Able to multi-task, prioritize, meet deadlines in a timely and efficient manner and work well in a busy environment.
- Exceptional attention to detail, with the ability to see the “big picture”.
- Advanced organizational and time management skills.
Interpersonal Skills and Personal Attributes:
- Knowledge of and a passion for BLC and its work.
- Strongly committed to confidentiality.
- Excellent service and interpersonal skills.
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently.
- Ability to network, team-build and relate interpersonally
- Very reliable, with the ability to take the initiative, problem-solve & implement solutions.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing conditions, work assignments and team mates.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills in Excel, Outlook, Word, and internet research.
- Comfortable with technological change.
- Follower of Jesus Christ who wholeheartedly subscribes to the organization’s faith and lifestyle policy documents.
- A love for Bible-based ministry.
- Cultural, economic and environmental sensitivity.
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Tanya Garvie, Donor Relations Manager
For further information about Bible League Canada, please visit our website at www.bibleleague.ca.
Accommodations in the selection process are available, upon request, for applicants with a disability, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Bible League Canada thanks all applicants; however, only candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.