Hillcrest Church is searching for an Executive Pastor.
Hillcrest Church is a congregation of 1500 people who are regularly connected to our fellowship. We are located in Medicine Hat, a city of 63,000 people in the southeastern cornere of Alberta, Canada.
Our dream is to follow Jesus and to create a culture and live a life that is compelling, thriving, passionate and purposeful so that more people can come to know and love Jesus.
The Executive Pastor will work with the Lead Pastor to lead the church and will be tasked with leading and overseeing the internal operations of the church including business and ministry leadership.
We are looking for someone who loves the Lord, first of all, and someone who experiences a vibrant, spiritual walk with Jesus. That is so very important to us. We are also looking for someone who both loves people and loves seeing Kingdom work accomplished. We want to create an environment in our church where we take our Kingdom responsibilities seriously; an environment where staff and volunteers serve faithfully and diligently. It is equally important to us that people are treated fairly, with a high value on relationship and caring for people.
Ministry Position Profile:
Provide senior leadership and management to all core organizational ministries at Hillcrest Church so as to ensure maximum effectiveness in achieving our Kingdom goals and objectives.
Ministry Council (in partnership with Lead Pastor)
Reporting to Position:
All senior core divisional leaders (i.e. Missions, Operations, Adult Ministry, Youth Ministry, Children's Ministry, Worship Art, etc.) and specail initiative leaders as required.
Education and Experience:
- A Masters or Bachelors degree in Organizational Leadership, Business Administration or Commerce, or progressive experience in leadership and management resulting in organizational leadership in corporation or large church.
- A minimum of 12-15 years of leadership in providing corporate or divisional leadershpi in a corporation or large church.
- Commitment to a lay empowerment model of ministry.
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of management and leadership principles.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in building and leading a large senior staff team.
- Knowledge and commitment to the mission, vision and values of Hillcrest Church.
- Willing to pursue appropriate pastoral credentialing with the EMCC.
Values, Abilities and Skills Required
- A Spirit-filled person with a clear testimony of seeking after God and living a life according to principles of biblical character.
- Committed to exhibiting a positive attitude.
- Committed to modeling a servant leadership style.
- Complimentary gifting to the Lead Pastor.
- Highly motivated with a commitment to excellence.
- People focused and results oriented.
- Demonstrated ability to conceive and implement effective corporate operating processes and procedures (i.e. a systems thinker).
- Stron organizational and administrative skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritize work priorities across a diverse set of areas.
- Good written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and lead volunteers.
- Experience developing a proven and effective annual stewardship program.
- Spiritual gifts in the area of leadership, discernment and administration.