As an Administrative Assistant with CCCC, you’ll be part of a fast-paced and energetic team that helps Christian charities be exemplary, healthy, and effective.
ARE YOU THE CANDIDATE WE ARE SEEKING?
Do you have a passion for the mission that Christ gave His Church and a desire to use your administrative gifts and abilities to further that mission? Does the idea of being part of an organization that helps Christian charities be exemplary, healthy and effective excite you? If so, you may be the person we are looking for!
HERE IS WHAT YOU WILL GET TO DO IN THIS ROLE:
- Administrative work including processing and distributing incoming mail; preparing and scheduling pickup for courier packages; maintaining inventory and ordering supplies; taking minutes for staff meetings; answering phones (back up); making lunch and coffee arrangements for staff, board and pension meetings; other general office duties as required.
- Support CCCC Employees Pension Plan with administrative duties such as taking and preparing minutes at Pension Trustees’ meetings, assisting with enrolling new members, and responding to member questions related to the Pension Plan.
- Support Legal Affairs Department with administrative duties such as compiling lists; photocopying; making travel arrangements; minor online research; calling courts to find out details.
- Back up other administrative assistant colleagues in their absence, including performing minor bookkeeping duties such as making bank deposits and entering online purchases into CCCC’s member database.
- Occaisional seminar and conference preparation as well as travelling to conferences.
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT WILL BE…
Looking for work that is meaningful.
The thought of beginning each day with the opportunity to impact over 3,300 Christian ministries in a positive way is exciting to you. You’re looking for meaningful and challenging work.
You love working within a collaborative team and have a proven track record of building strong working relationships.
Professional and trustworthy.
You are professional, responsive, resourceful, flexible, and have a positive work attitude. Your high level of sound and independent judgment, reasoning, and discretion mean your work is done with excellence.
Organized, efficient, and detail oriented.
You have superior organizational, time management, and multitasking skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and respond to conflicting demands. You love keeping your environment organized and thrive on completing tasks in a timely manner.
An excellent communicator.
You excel at communicating with a variety of internal and external stakeholders both in writing and verbally.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in office administration
- Formal education in office administration is an asset
- Proficient in using MS Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint), knowledge of WordPerfect would be an asset
- Previous experience working for or volunteering at a Christian charity
WHO ARE WE?
The Canadian Council of Christian Charities has been around since 1972, and our office is located in beautiful Elmira, ON. Our team values collegiality, initiative, and being a model of excellence in all that we do. CCCC was recognized as a Certified Best Christian Workplace in 2017 by the Best Christian Workplace Institute (BCWI). For more information about our ministry, visit the following link: Who is CCCC?
This position is based out of CCCC’s office in Elmira, Ontario. The Administrative Assistant may be required to travel within Canada to assist with booths at conferences.
INTERESTED IN APPLYING TO THIS ROLE?
Please register as a job seeker with ChristianCharityJobs to apply to this opportunity. Applications will be accepted until the end of the day on September 30, 2019.
As a Christian ministry, CCCC is committed to improving accessibility and removing barriers for applicants with disabilities to participate in our recruitment process. Accommodation is available, upon request, for the interview process and any other candidate selection methods that may be used.