Position: Director of Resident Care
Reporting to the CEO, The Director of Resident Care (DRC) is accountable for the management and development of all aspects of the Nursing Department. They are responsible for the strategic and operational direction of the nursing department to meet the resident care needs of a vulnerable population. This role ensures the provision of safe, quality nursing care, delivered in a resident focused manner; and at the same time ensuring corporate and legislative requirements are met. This role is responsible for directing and maintaining the highest standard in delivering excellent resident care in accordance with the Mission, Vision and Values of the Home, Resident Bill of Rights, applicable legislation and regulations, corporate policies and procedures and the collective agreement.
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) certification of competence with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Post RN education, certification or degree in nursing administration, gerontology or health care management preferred
- 5+ years of experience in a long-term care environment
- Excellent clinical skills including resident assessment, treatment approaches and documentation
- Demonstrated progressive supervisory, management and leadership experience
- Working knowledge of the legislative regulatory framework and an understanding of how to work within it
- Demonstrated proficiency in operation and use of a computer, related technologies and software required for the role.
- Demonstrated ability in clinical and electronic documentation
- Coming from the Dutch, Reformed Christian community and speaking Dutch are definite assets
A full description of roles and responsibilities is available upon request. Please email email@example.com
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005, upon request, support will be provided for accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and assessment process.