A search facilitated by Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. for Hamilton District Christian High.
Hamilton District Christian High (HDCH) cultivates character in their students through learning for a life of service to God. Their goal is to produce graduates who become a collective faithful presence in the communities they serve. HDCH plans to meet the changing needs and expectations of current and future learners, while maintaining their Ontario Ministry of Education registration as a private school, by launching a new strategic plan incorporating the input from staff, faculty, parents, and local leaders. They eagerly anticipate expanding student registration, renewing their facility as part of a major capital project, and employing improved technological resources.
To foster new growth, the Director of Recruitment & Advancement (DRA), a key participant of the Operations Team and reporting to the Director of Operations, will oversee three essential areas: Student Recruitment, Student Admissions and Fundraising. Each of these areas holds unique opportunities for increasing connections with current and prospective students and supporters, encouraging them to embrace the HDCH mission and vision. Meanwhile, HDCH is on the verge of a new capital project to re-invent their facility and multiply learning situations for years to come. The DRA will develop and deploy a comprehensive fundraising strategy to foster annual and legacy giving along with support for the upcoming major capital campaign.
The preferred candidate actively lives the Christian faith while successfully nurturing financial and physical support for the organization’s goals. The DRA is passionate about educational excellence in a Christian context, loves teens and naturally leads and mentors them along the way. Relational, hospitable, innovative, and flexible describe the best person for this role.
Use your gifts and talents to make Christian educational excellence available and financially accessible to teens in the Hamilton District at HDCH! Contact us today to apply.
Our goal as the Operations staff of Hamilton District Christian High is to work as a team to provide generous hospitality to all as we:
- Share the story of HDCH, and
- Shore up the structures in place for good work and support a major campus renewal project.
Therefore, the role of the Director of Recruitment and Advancement is as follows.
- Design, develop and deploy robust student recruitment strategy.
- Liaise with Leadership Team and Communications & Marketing on student recruitment activities.
- Grow the Hamilton District Christian High School enrollment to 500 students.
- Maintain healthy relationships with local partner Christian Schools.
- Establish new connections with educators sympathetic to Christian Education.
- Maintain recruitment database and enhance protocols of following up.
- Establish close personal contacts with pastors of the HDCH heritage community as well as advance the mission and vision with new communities and churches, keeping them informed about the school and the mission.
- Work within the HDCH policies and procedures for Domestic and International Student admission.
- Work with the team to establish best practices and protocols for the admissions process.
- Ensure stewardship of relationships with families who have applied to HDCH.
- Share the story of HDCH with current and potential donors.
- Design, develop and deploy a comprehensive fundraising strategy, both for regular annual giving as well as for the upcoming major capital campaign.
- Maintain high ethical standards in regard to promotion and fundraising activities.
- Chair the School’s fundraising committee.
- Work with and guide the Engagement Coordinator of HDCH.
- Promote and grow the deferred gifts program and legacy giving, including being a representative at HDCH’s Foundation with the Christian School Foundation.
- Cultivate new major donor potentials.
- Maintain and steward current major donors.
- Train and encourage volunteer workers in the fundraising efforts.
- Alumni Relations
- Design, develop and deploy a comprehensive Alumni strategy.
- Inform the alumni about the progress and needs of HDCH.
- Recruit new non-parent members to the school society.
- Steward relationships with members and encourage engagement.
The DRA will also provide support for:
- Events connected to recruitment and fundraising, together with the Engagement Coordinator, and
- Communications & Marketing as they relate to recruitment and fundraising, together with the Director of Communications & Marketing.
Further information on Hamilton District Christian High can be found at https://hdch.org.
Application Deadline: September 30, 2019.
Please note that only applications from Permanent Residents or Canadian citizens located in Canada will be considered at this time.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If you or someone you know, would like to start a confidential inquiry about this opportunity, please contact Mark Kraft and Larry Nelson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. is an executive search firm specializing in the recruitment of executive management and fundraising personnel in the charitable sectors. We work with a diverse group of not-for-profit organizations through the connection of colleagues in Vancouver, Calgary, Winnipeg, and Toronto.