This salaried full-time position (37.5 hours per week) provides leadership to the MCCO Social Enterprise staff in planning and implementing various communications initiatives. This includes design and layout for both digital and print products.
MCCO Social Enterprise places a strong value and priority on Care for Creation with the ability to effectively communicate and engage a variety of different audiences.
All MCC workers are expected to exhibit a commitment to: a personal Christian faith and discipleship; active participation in a Christian church or Christian community; and nonviolent peacemaking. MCC is an equal opportunity employer, committed to employment equity. MCC values diversity and invites all qualified candidates to apply.
• Minimum three-five years of professional experience in design with a retail or not for profit organization or agency
• A vibrant and creative portfolio of previous design work reflecting leading edge approaches to social media marketing
• Experience in developing and implementing promotional activities and events across multi-location organizations
• Bachelor’s degree in graphic design/marketing or equivalent experience
• Strong ability to multi-task, manage time and implement projects with limited direction
• Strong communication skills and able to work with multiple teams, across departments and geographical regions.
• Ability to work on large print designs (banners, signs, truck wraps, etc.)
• Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat) and MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint & Word).
• Ability to design graphics across multiple digital platforms (web, social media, etc.)
• Valid ‘G’ Ontario driver’s license
• Police vulnerable sector check (required upon hire)
• Legally able to work in Canada
- Knowledge of Second-hand market, retail trends and merchandising
• Photography skills
• Experience in a high energy organizational marketing or agency team environment
• Experience in developing environmentally messaged material
• Experience in the development of thematic promotional campaigns
• Develop multi-media promotional graphics for stores, events and channels of the Social Enterprise Division of MCCO
• Participate, with the SE Team and Director, in the transition of SE brands toward a environmental focussed message of CreationCare
• Work with stores and channels in in identifying their targeted demographics, call to action and anticipated outcomes of their promotional activity
• Build a library of standardized, branded material for shop displays
• Lead in the development of the network marketing calendar and track promotional results
• Maintain adherence to brand guidelines among staff, partners and volunteers by providing direction and expert counsel on best practices
• Leads the creation and implementation of an annual social media strategy, overseeing content creation and reporting on its success
• Measure and report performance of all marketing campaigns, and assess ROI and KPIs
• Manages the MCCO SE Twitter, Facebook and Instagram accounts
• Develop comprehensive marketing plan for the organizations four areas of focus: Thrift Stores, New Purpose, Social Enterprise and Emerging Marketplaces
• Perform other job related duties as assigned
• Participate in MCCO orientations, provincial meetings, Peace Conference and Staff Development Day
• Participate in a local faith community, being willing to use personal gifts within this community and model nonviolent peacemaking through respectful interaction with others
• Maintain a high level of integrity, reflecting Christian respect and Christ's unconditional love to those with whom you work, including colleagues, partner agencies, the homeless and marginalized
• Answer inquiries about MCC from constituency and general public; communicate MCC's values, articulating the importance of MCC's criteria for workers, all of whom serve as representatives of the Mennonite and Be in Christ churches which support MCC
• Model nonviolent peacemaking through respectful daily interactions with staff and the public
NOTE- This posting closes on March 1, 2020