St. Paul’s Bloor Street is a vibrant Anglican church located in the heart of downtown Toronto. We are looking for a professional, dependable and enthusiastic individual with a passion for people and a heart for church ministry. The Sr. Admin & Sunday Coordinator will provide front line service on Sundays and administrative support in the office. This position reports to the Director of Operations.
- Act as the point of contact between the parish and external contacts by assessing and prioritising requests and queries
- Provide executive support to the Rector (Sr. Minister) including calendar and meeting management, expenses and drafting correspondence
- Data entry and upkeep of the St. Paul’s database, ACS People Suite, ensuring a high level of accuracy
- Format information for internal and external communication (e.g. memos, emails, presentations) as requested
- Completes projects and special assignments as assigned
- Coordinate personnel schedules for all services including any special services
- Coordinate and organize service details with various internal ministries as needed
- Scheduling and managing volunteers using online volunteer database including during Sunday services
- Orienting and training new volunteers and refreshing existing ones on duties and responsibilities of the role
- Planning for volunteer recruitment and retention
- Develop and support stewardship initiatives that will assist in the successful stewarding of major and planned gifts.
- Prepare general correspondence to educate and encourage members of the parish in Christian stewardship.
- Research best practices in Christian Stewardship and forms of transactional accessibility.
And other duties as required.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication and networking skills
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to facilitate, resolve conflict and coach others
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Proactive, energetic team player that’s able to work independently and in a team environment
- Proven ability to solve problems and provide an innovative approach to projects.
- Advanced Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, as well as Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 required with a proven ability to learn and use other software applications
- Fluency with the English language – ability to speak, read and comprehend
- Database experience, specifically knowledge of ACS, would be an asset
- Undertake a Police background check and comply with the policies of St. Paul’s
- Commitment to the mission, vision and values of St. Paul’s
- This is a full-time position available immediately.
- Hours: Sunday: 8 a.m. – 3 p.m., Monday- Thursday: 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. with flexibility for occasional evenings and weekends
- Salary range: $42,000 - $47,000, plus benefits
Please submit your cover letter and resume to:
Director of Operations
St. Paul’s Bloor Street Anglican Church
227 Bloor St E, Toronto, ON. M4W 1C8
Or HR@stpaulsbloor.org (If applying via email, please put “Sr. Admin & Sunday Coordinator” in the subject line)
No telephone inquiries, please. Applications will be reviewed as received. We thank all applicants, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.