Summary: The Family Life Pastor provides pastoral and strategic leadership to the staff, volunteers, and community within Family Ministries. The pastor participates with the staff and community of Tenth Church in its mission to foster a community of worship, transformation, and outreach by providing for the integrated spiritual formation and multi-generational discipleship of children, youth, young adults, and their parents across Tenth’s five sites.
Position: Full-Time (40 hours/week)
Working Relationships: Reports to the Executive Pastor, is a member of the Leadership Team, and works closely with the Site Pastors and Ministry Leads. Supervises the Pastor of Children’s Ministry, Pastor of Youth Ministry, and Young Adults Champion.
- Develops and leads the implementation of Family Ministries’ short-term and long-term strategy as part of Tenth's larger strategic plan in collaboration with Site Pastors, the Pastor of Children's Ministry, and Pastor of Youth Ministry, that aligns with Tenth's Vision and Values and the Core Assumptions of Family Ministries.
- Establishes and implements mission, program, and systems for all parent-focused ministries and events and directly recruits, trains, and supports those leaders. These ministries include but are not limited to Momentum, Single and Parenting, and various parent equipping events.
- Works closely with the Pastor of Youth Ministry and Pastor of Children’s Ministry on an integrated approach for children, youth, and families.
- Provides ongoing pastoral care, coaching, and professional development opportunities to direct reports.
- Spends 30-40% of hours connecting relationally with Tenth church parents, Family Ministry leaders, and our community, including weekly rotating attendance at sites.
- Advocates for, communicates with, and supports the needs of parents within Children's Ministry, Youth Ministry, and at Sites.
- Works with all ministry areas at Tenth and with Pastors of Children and Youth to integrate these ministry areas further creating a higher level of visibility and integration of children, youth, and families in all areas of Tenth Church.
- Supports and provides accountability in the development and execution of performance and development goals and in identifying, tracking, analyzing, and responding to established metrics of the Young Adults Champion, Pastor of Children's Ministry, and Pastor of Youth Ministry.
- Prioritizes mutual open, healthy, and clear communication with Family Ministries staff, leaders, parents, Site Pastors, pastors of other ministry areas, and the Executive Pastor.
- Develops systems and processes that reflect Tenth's Vision and Values and the Core Assumptions of Family Ministries.
- Oversees the planning and oversight of the annual Family Ministry budget, both centrally and at the site level.
- Ensures safety standards are implemented and maintained as prescribed in Plan to Protect.
Short Term Goals:
- During the initial 6-10 months, this position may require additional focus on Youth Ministry to support the team as they rebuild.
- Revamps Momentum (a ministry for parents of young children) and selects small group curriculum to become a ministry for parents of pre-school age children with a clear mandate for equipping newer parents as spiritual leaders to their children, relational connection with other parents who will be in their children's lives and church family for years to come, and possibly mentorship from older parents.
- Assists in identifying and developing Tenth wide strategic planning and initiatives.
- Helps oversee and lead execution of strategic plan (annual priorities) and initiatives.
- Provides peer-to-peer support to other Site Pastors and Ministry Leads.
- Serves as a role model in spiritual practices, self-care, ongoing leadership development, and pastoral growth.
- Actively participates as a member of the Leadership Team.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required; M.Div. preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in leadership, developing emerging leaders, spiritual formation, outreach, and discipleship.
- 5+ years serving/leading family ministry or working with children or youth.
- 5+ years supervising multi-level teams of > 6 people.
- Experience working in a large church; multi-site experience an asset.
- Ability and desire to be licensed/accredited with the Christian and Missionary Alliance.
- Possess an authentic, growing faith in Christ and spiritual maturity.
- Ability to motivate people to become involved in service and leadership.
- Ability to personally offer pastoral care and to mobilize others for pastoral care ministry.
- Ability to assume responsibility and carry out duties with minimum supervision.
- Ability to effectively manage, support, empower, and lead a team in a relational, collaborative style.
- Can translate vision into strategy and action.
- Can “think outside of the box” and is not afraid to take calculated risks.
- Is a life-long learner.
- Ability to engage in effective conflict resolution.
- A passion for connecting with people in relationship.
- Passion and ability to work in a diverse environment.
- Connects well and has relationships with people who do not yet know Christ or have little to no experience with the church.
Interested in applying to this role? Please register as a job seeker with ChristianCharityJobs.ca to apply to this opportunity.
Application Deadline: February 21, 2021
Please note only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Tenth Church Vision:
We are a place where people of all different backgrounds can discover Christ, a community of spiritual transformation that seeks social justice for all.
Tenth Families Vision:
Partnering with parents to see the next generation become life-long Christ-followers.
For more information on Core Assumptions - Tenth Family Ministries, please visit our website at https://www.tenth.ca/pages/careers.