The Christian Reformed Church in North America (CRCNA) is looking to hire a Payroll and Benefits Administrator to work with our Finance Team in Burlington, ON. This position is responsible to administer the bi-weekly payroll and monthly international payroll for employees of the CRCNA and its various agencies and the monthly Ministers Pension Fund payroll. Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) designation preferred. Experience with UltiPro considered an asset.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Administer the bi-weekly domestic payroll and monthly international payroll for employees of the CRCNA and its various agencies.
- Administer the monthly Ministers Pension Fund payroll.
- Process government source deductions associated with all payrolls, including year-end remittances (T4's, T4A’s, EHT).
- Administer the Group Health and Life plan for ministers and ministry staff of the CRCNA. Process enrollment and changes for employee benefit plans.
- Process invoices and agency/participant billings related to payroll and benefit plans.
- Process enrollment and contributions for employee RRSP benefit.
- Maintain individual employee personnel files and HR database.
- Process all payroll changes including new hires, terminations, leaves of absence, retroactive and prorated payroll adjustments.
- Maintain knowledge and stay current with federal and provincial employment legislation.
- Advanced knowledge and skills related to payroll software
- Advanced knowledge and skills of MS Office and Google Suite software
- Excellent knowledge of the Employment Act and other government regulations concerning employment, compensation, payroll, source deductions, and benefits.
- Ability to organize projects, set priorities, and maintain schedules.
- Ability to perform work very accurately and dependably.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
- Sound and mature judgment and ability to handle confidential information.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as part of the finance and HR teams.
- Demonstrated commitment to Christ and to the goals of the Christian Reformed Church and its ministry agencies.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Canadian Payroll Association - Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) certification.
- Two to four years experience in payroll administration, including government remittances.
- Two to four years experience in benefit administration, including group health and RRSP plans.
- Experience with UltiPro considered an asset.
- Experience in HR considered an asset.