Join a team that works towards creating a world where people live in justice, peace, and dignity. Canadian Lutheran World Relief (CLWR) is a charitable not-for-profit organization that challenges the causes and responds to the consequences of human suffering and poverty.
It is expected that all employees agree with CLWR’s Mission Statement, Code of Conduct, and can work with its mandate within a faith-based environment.
CLWR supports hiring practices and a staff composition that benefits from a diverse staff team, where “diverse” means (but is not limited to) differences in ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, physical abilities, religious beliefs, and/or political beliefs. Working for CLWR will provide you with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including Pension Plan and Group Insurance, a supportive work environment, and excellent learning opportunities.
The Executive Assistant is a full-time position that reports directly to the Executive Director (ED) of Canadian Lutheran World Relief. This key position will provide a proactive level of support while performing a wide range of administrative duties, including coordinating various day-to-day functions and projects for the Executive Director and the Board of Directors. The successful candidate will demonstrate excellent initiative, confidentiality, and judgment, can anticipate the needs of the ED and work independently handling changing and competing priorities.
This role is responsible for providing high-level administrative support to the ED, preparing correspondence, reports, minutes, and presentations, coordinating calendars, travel, organizing meetings and zoom calls, acting as a liaison with the Board of Directors, and monitoring upcoming organizational deadlines.
The ability to work in a highly complex environment and successfully manage valued relationships with the Board of Directors and other stakeholders is essential.
Core Competencies: self-starter, forward-thinking, highly-organized, attention to detail, elevated computer competency, highly collaborative, excellent communication, adaptable, and a willingness to learn.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
Minimum knowledge (formal education/general knowledge) required:
- Business Administration degree or related certificate/diploma
- Excellent interpersonal and listening skills to build relationships both within and outside CLWR
- Ability to communicate professionally, both verbally and in writing
- General knowledge of administrative procedures, human resources and board policies and procedures
Minimum experience required:
- Minimum three (3) years professional work experience in executive level administration role with increasing amount of responsibility
- Experience in managing multiple online schedules
- Experience working independently, with proven ability to anticipate needs or issues, and create solutions to address them
- Experience in drafting agendas, correspondence, replies, action items, and project outlines
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of accuracy and attention to detail in performing responsibilities
Technical skills required:
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills interacting with a diverse range of audiences
- Demonstrated proficiency with software programs/products in Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint and audio/video conferencing room equipment
Other skills or requirements:
- Must be eligible to work in Canada and live in Winnipeg
- Ability to convey a high degree of commitment and passion for the mission, vision, and values of CLWR
- A high level of professionalism, integrity, respect and confidentially is a must
- Flexibility to be available outside of regular working hours to provide support on urgent matters or to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to plan and organize tasks, anticipating requirements and ensuring user group needs are met on a consistent basis
- High level of organizational skills and attention to detail
- Exceptional time management and prioritization skills
- Quick to take the initiative and make appropriate decisions
- This position works onsite at CLWR’s downtown Winnipeg headquarters. The option to work hybrid is available.
- All necessary COVID-19 precautions have been put into place to ensure a safe and comfortable working environment.
- Ability to work occasional evenings or weekends as required for Board and other meetings and events.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop or laptop computer.
- Lifting or moving up to 15lbs may be required.
- Understanding of charities and government funding
- Experience/familiarity with international development/humanitarian assistance programming is an asset
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES Overview:
- Provide the Executive Director with high level administrative support
- Maintain the Executive Director’s schedule by planning and booking meetings
- Handle confidential information with tact and professionalism
- With a high level of accuracy and attention to detail, compose/draft and edit correspondence, emails, reports and memos
- Monitor upcoming deadlines, bring-forward items and follow-up on the status and completion of key action items
- Arrange logistics for Board of Directors, Executive Committee and other Board committee meetings
- For Board of Directors meetings, coordinate arrangements, prepare agendas, documents and materials; and record, edit and distribute meeting minutes
- Prepare and distribute Quarterly Board reports and updates
- For the Board Executive Committee, Board Governance Committee and Finance Committee, coordinate arrangements and prepare agendas
- Coordinate and arrange travel and hotel accommodations for Board members with Key Travel
- Arrange electronic participation for Board and Board committee meetings, management and staff ZOOM meetings (including conference audio and visual equipment set-up)
- Coordinate arrangements and prepare agendas, record, edit and distribute meeting minutes for Leadership Team and Refugee Resettlement Team meetings, staff meetings, and staff retreats
- Arrange logistics for agency meetings and other events, as required
- Ensure the timely flow of information to internal and external persons
- Provide back-up support for CLWR reception and phone-line, when needed
- Assist in the planning and execution of staff functions and retreats
- Assist in the development of administration budgets
- Assist in the development of annual operational/strategic plans
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified applicants should email a single PDF file, including their cover letter outlining how you meet the above criteria, your resume and salary expectation to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date is Sunday, October 17, 2021.