The Archdiocese of Vancouver is seeking a seasoned administrative professional to provide support to the Delegate for Operations and Human Resources Director.
The ideal candidate will be mission and service driven and will possess a high level of initiative, discretion and professionalism with a strong desire for continuous improvement in a fast-paced working environment.
- Manages the daily administrative and logistical operations of the two offices;
- Provides general administrative support including drafting communications, contracts, meeting agendas, coordinating meetings, calendar and email management;
- Manages short term projects that can include liaising with outside contractors, research, contract management and follow-up reporting;
- Manages transactional HR functions;
- Maintains separate comprehensive electronic filing system for both offices including the HR Database (PayWorks);
- Assists with recruitment and selection processes and orientation of new employees;
- Liaisons with the Finance Office on issues relating to invoicing, expenses, payroll and benefits;
- Maintains office and personnel files in compliance with legal requirements and established organizational policies;
- Maintains online security card system and liaises with the Facilities Manager to troubleshoot system issues;
- Assists the Director in managing WorkSafe BC, and short- and long-term disability files;
- Manages the Volunteer Management function for the Pastoral Centre and 3rd party event inquiries;
- Performs other related tasks and projects as requested.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Relevant legislation, including Human Rights Act, Employment Standards Act; WorkSafe BC Regulations, Personal Information Protection Act, HR Management principles and best practices;
- Project Management principles and process mapping would be considered a strong asset.
- Obtain and provide clear, concise and complete oral and written information;
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of individuals or groups to complete work assignments, affect outcomes and to provide valuable quality service;
- Organize and manage workload taking into consideration changing priorities, deadlines, and volume of work;
- Identify problems and situations, refer to applicable policies, identify options and recommend appropriate courses of action;
- Demonstrate extreme attention to detail;
- Demonstrate high professionalism and strong interpersonal skills;
- Maintain absolute confidentiality;
- Demonstrate good judgment and discretion.
Experience, Education and Training Requirements:
- Minimum two years of related experience;
- Experience/proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and database applications;
- Completion of post-secondary coursework in human resource/organizational behavior would be preferred.
- Monday to Friday full-time;
- 12 to 18-month contract;
- Excellent benefits package including pension plan;
- The role would commence in February 2019.
Deadline to apply: January 11, 2019
Please submit a résumé and cover letter with “Admin/HR Assistant” in the subject line to:
Human Resources Office
Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Vancouver