A/V Tech - Hourly
~ Technical Ministries ~
Hello! We are Centre Street Church, committed to making an impact on people's lives, our communities and in the world. How do we do that? By leading people to Jesus and helping them become fully devoted followers of Christ. That's the driving purpose behind everything we do.
Though we are a large church, at our core we are a network of small communities. These small communities function as extended families that support and challenge one another through discipleship. All of these communities networked together make us united as one large church that gathers weekly for worship over 9 services across 5 campuses.
We are looking for 2 A/V Techs to join us on this exciting journey God has us on.
If you have a passion for tech, have a heart to make a difference in people lives, and are excited about how our Community Groups ministry can help us accomplish our mission of introducing people to Jesus and helping them become fully devoted followers of him, we would love to talk to you.
Please note this is an hourly position with no guaranteed schedule or number of hours per week. Flexibility is required as this role involves evening and weekend responsibilities.
Tech is an essential component of our weekly in-person and online services, as well as our weekly events and gatherings, at our five campuses. The A/V Tech is responsible to cover tech responsibilities at Airdrie campus, South Campus, FOH Audio at Central Campus as needed, as well as Saturday morning and mid- week event support as needed.
The role involves:
- Staying current with technology industry best practices and making recommendations for CSC.
- Technically representing the CSC vision.
- Training and empowering volunteers to execute weekend services, overseeing the volunteer that is operating the equipment when covering for a campus.
- Collaboration with ministries, volunteers, and key stakeholders under high pressure situations when covering Saturday morning or mid-week events.
- Must be able to make quick decisions under high pressure situations.
- Programming, Service Prep, Design on planning center and ProPresenter when covering for a campus.
- Admin tasks like scheduling and asset tracking and equipment proposals as assigned.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
One position will be a Facility Use Tech whose responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining a working knowledge of CSC facilities equipment for maintenance and training purposes
- Working with ministries to understand their specific needs and provide customized training for their volunteers so they can operate their events/gatherings successfully without continual tech support
- Technically operation of events and gatherings from set up, to execution and teardown when assigned.
- Technically operation for funerals
The second position will include providing tech coverage at Airdrie and South Campuses tech and Central Campus FOH. This involves working with the Worship Pastors and Campus Pastors to help accomplish their vision for weekend worship services through the volunteers on the ground.
Exhibits professionalism, conscientious work ethic, teaching ability, and accountability.
- Able to exercise discernment and wise judgement.
- Able to make decisions on their own that would enhance the weekend services and not take away from it.
- Able to take the vision for a service or event and create a tech plans that enhances the experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills for working alongside leaders, volunteers and different ministry teams.
- Stong attention to detail and an eye for excellence.
- Strong problem-solving skills with technical equipment.
- A self-starter who is good at multi-tasking and prioritizing projects.
- Strong administrative skills and ability to work independently without supervision.
- Able to work at a fast pace, in a variety of settings and circumstances, with composure and flexibility.
- Ability to perform troubleshooting and minor repairs to equipment.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- A clear understanding and passion to see people grow to be Fully Devoted Followers of Jesus Christ evidenced in the ability to carry out the necessary administrative duties required to support our ministry.
- Excellent time management, task prioritization and organizational skills, balanced with a love for people.
If you can check all the boxes above, we want to hear from you! Please apply by completing our CSC Employment Application and sending it along with your resume and cover letter to HR@cschurch.ca.